• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which wireless router need help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fccdj

Hello I am trying to set up a wireless network between me and my friends house. I had a thread on here a while back about building an antenna to get my signal the range I need it to and well I finally got the ok to go ahead with my plan and now I need help picking a wireless router to use I need one that is as fast as possible but it need to be able to keep a good connection. MUst have 2 removable antennas 1 to broadcast a signal at my friends house for his laptop and one to attach my Cantenna to.

If you all have any ideas on an AP for my house that would be great too

Here are 5 wireless router I found on newegg I was woundering what you all think of them

D-Link DI-714P

LINKSYS WRT54GS

CNet CWR-854

SMC Barricade SMC2804WBRP-G

U.S. Robotics USR8054

do you want to give us a link to this old thread or tell us the conditions (i.e. distance location of router type of wireless cards?) Also remember as you gain speed you lose signal strength. So do you have everything except the router? Depending on the type of antenna the router shouldn't make that much of a difference (I think) but then if the router already puts out a weak signal you are screwed anyways. So I say chose the one with the best range and signal strength.

im sure the old thread is gone but all it was about was building an antenna to get my signal the range i need it to

thats why i must have a router with removable antennas.

so im not looking at the range of the router just is features

Back