• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

mother board help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

peter p

This is a general mobo question. It's not an Abit but an ECS P6S5AT PIII board and I need some help with a problem.
My son had this mobo and it worked great. When I updated my computer I gave him my old VH6T and his P6S5AT went to my daughters.
I put it together and when I press the start button the CPU fan spins, the power light is on and sometimes the CD rom light flashes over and over and sometimes it doesn't light up at all, but it doesn't boot. If I try pressing the power button to turn it off, it won't. If I press the restart button, the power light goes off and back on but it still won't boot. No beeps no nothing. I can't even enter the bios just a black screen.
If I leave it running like this for about 3-4 minutes it finally boots and runs fine. I can restart it with no problems at all.
It seems like a cold boot problem but does anybody know what I can do to make this thing boot properly?
I changed the power supply, memory, cpu, hard drive, changed bios settings but still have the same problem.
I check for power at the molexe's when it's doing this and the power is fine.
There must be something on the motherboard that has to heat up or something before it boots..... I think.
One other thing, when it finally boots the clock time on the bios is always wrong but the date is correct. I changed the CMOS battery but same thing.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Back