• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bfg 5900xt Oc

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Can the BFG 5900XT OC be soft modded to become a 5950 Ultra?

Feedback from users of this card or similar 5900 appreciated and flash results if possible.

CK

I had a ProLink 5900XT.. this series of cards are made to pushed to levels developers prolly dint have in mind. Check out http://www.mvktech.net/ for a bios upgrade, do search through the forums or the 'net for other users' experiences with the same card, find out if its a good candidate for those higher specs.
I remember reading that the 5900XT 128mb I had had the same core as the 5950Ultra, just clocked back (or bottom of the barrel silicon) and in many cases, a diff PCB design than the 5950U, not to mention diff. memory modules.
PM me for more info, but be warned, I junked by 5900XT after letting the soldering iron slip and knock off some component (boots to crazy multi colored fullscreen artifacting.. stuff).

hey cisco kid, i use to have a 5900nu > 5950u. The flashed worked great, and was able to hit 1k mem. I don't know off hand if the XT is flashable, but i don't see why not.

thanks for the replies, will do some research on the card and you may receive some questions from me

CK

Cisco Kid said:
thanks for the replies, will do some research on the card and you may receive some questions from me

CK

I had a PNY 5900SE (really an XT) that was flashed to a 5950 ultra no problem.

Back