• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First Case Modding experience!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Humpmasta_Flex

Registered
Well,

i recently upgraded my dino-machine and created a beast. i was reading a lot of threads on modding the Xaser III case and it have me thinking (hard to get going sometimes), "hey, I just bought a Xaser Highest III. Then I got that urge....you know....to MODIFY something. So, I whipped out my....dremel.....and the rest of my morgue style toolkit of doom and began hacking away at my brand new case (my wife almost put a screwdriver in the back of my head when she came home...cause she knows how much i paid for the case..lol :beer: ). I then decided that wasn't enough...I decided, "Hey, I have a lot of fans and what not...my 550WPSU might need some help." So I decided to install a secondary PSU. I took out one of my other 485W PSU's and made a fan/light/soon-to-be water cooling system PSU. I have an idea of mounting one of my old cases underneath my desk, directly below where my current PC sits and have it suspended from the upper railing in the case. I then will reinstall the PSU into that case, and use that to house my water cooling kits (thinking a pump and radiator/fan set for each of CPU and GPU). I'll make it all spiffy and cool....and maybe show off on here....cause noone around here even really cares about computers so as long as there ATM works...lol. Well, I will post what pics i have now (it's late here, so i am rambling) and I will try and keep updatng this thread as my mods complete...or begin...which ever takes longer...lol.

Last edited:
Here we go:

I know the wires are a little messy, but hey...just got her put back together after three and a half ours of beer guzling surgery...lo. :beer:!!! Let me know if ya'll have some more good mods to try out.

Sgt Hump

Here's some of the pics:
Face_2_PC.jpg

Face_3_PC.jpg

Face_PC.jpg

Monitor_PC.jpg

Open_1_PC.jpg

Open_2_PC.jpg

Side_1_PC.jpg

Side_2_PC.jpg

Top_PC.jpg

Last edited:
Good god! Holy wires. I would try splicing some fans together, getting some sleeving kits, and some wire wraps. You should be able to do nicely behind the mobo tray and shortening your wires.

So....I get the hint that some of the wires are messy...lol. I have been deciding on what fans to splice and possibly mounting the 2nd PSU somewhere else...little more flow through on cooling. I am gonna mount the "under-desk" case tonight and put pics up a little later.
Thanks again guys!!

Sgt Hump

Side note:

My bandwidth on geocities is ate up...so i am using my Comcast one now...I'll switch over the pics shortly...but in the mean while the website is http://home.comcast.net/~alyssa5353

EDIT:

Pics updated...for some reason everyone at Comcast says they offer us 'unlimited bandwdth' as subscribers....sounds Fishy......and not {PMS}Fishy...lol!!

Last edited:
Under-desk install complete!!!!!

Well,
Today I spent the entire day at the TMC (military Dr's office) and finally came home to start my project. After five grueling hours (mobo grounding itself out, wiring haggle, etc... :bang head ) I finally had my Under-Desk case installed. Afterwards I just installed the PSU like a normal case, ran the wires through a nice hole I carved into the desk with a speed-bore bit and a dremel.

Well, without blathering on even more...here's the pics!!! :attn: :attn: :attn:

Internal_1.jpg

Internal_2.jpg

Internal_3.jpg

2ND_PSU.jpg

2nd_psu_2.jpg

Last edited:
Back