Notices

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Cooling > Water Cooling
Water Cooling Discussion devoted to blocks, pumps, radiators, reservoirs, tubing, and everything else to get you running smooth on a water loop
Forum Jump

Overall Iodine concentration?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 03-11-05, 10:22 AM Thread Starter   #1
sunrunner20
Masta Tweeka!

Overall Iodine concentration?

What is the total concentration of Iodine that is needed to kill most microbes in my loop?
Also, will humidifier bacteria control agents work well in water cooling loops?

Toshiba M7(Tablet): T2300, 4gb ram, 160gb seagate
My Heatware
sunrunner20 is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 03-11-05, 06:08 PM   #2
ZachM

Iodine, no clue.

I do use humidifier bacteriostat in my loop though. Seems to work. I know a few other people on these forums also use it.

Old 03-11-05, 06:17 PM   #3
Diggrr
Underwater Senior Member

10 Year Badge

To guess, I'd say not much of either is needed. It's a closed loop without much air or fresh water being added, so a little bit gets recirculated over and over.

A vague answer: Not enough to change your water color

Life's Tragedy is that we get old too soon and wise too late. ~ Benjamin Franklin
Diggrr is online now   QUOTE Thanks
Old 03-11-05, 06:26 PM   #4
RoadWarrior

10 Year Badge

5 drops per quart is the recommended amount of 2% USP tincture of iodine to purify clear water for drinking, 10 drops for cloudy looking water. So 10 drops/quart will probably do fine for long term in a closed loop, then you can still drink it in an emergency

Road Warrior

Black Belt Ubercloxx0r

"Even though large tracts of Europe and many old and famous Folders have fallen or may fall into the grip of OCAU and all the odious apparatus of [H]ardOCP rule, we shall not flag or fail."

"We shall go on to the end, we shall fold on the Newcastles, we shall fold on the Northwoods and Prescotts, we shall fold with growing confidence and growing strength on Venice, we shall defend our Forum, whatever the cost may be, we shall fold on the Winchesters, we shall fold on the Bartons, we shall fold on the Applebreds and Thunderbirds, we shall fold on the Coppermines; we shall never surrender!"
RoadWarrior is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 03-11-05, 08:13 PM   #5
voigts

Is iodine the best way to go? I started using waterbed algaecide but haven't really run it that long. I figured it works in my waterbed so it should work in the computer, right?
voigts is offline   QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Cooling > Water Cooling
Water Cooling Discussion devoted to blocks, pumps, radiators, reservoirs, tubing, and everything else to get you running smooth on a water loop