• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what are your a64 benchmark scores and should I wait to get a cpu

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DarkAssassin

Hey, I'm looking to go with the socket 939 cpu (still choosing which one).
I just want to know the performances of yall's systems so that I could know what processor to choose. Do yall know if there are going to be any new technology releases that will drop the price of cpus (such as, date of the xbox2 realease, etc.)?

Athlong xp 2200 @ 2165@160
1280MB pc3200 (1GB in dual channel)
geforce 6600 GT OC (AGP) 128MB @ [email protected]

1. Revision E processors are slated to ship in April. When this occurs, current s939 processors might decline in price, but not by much.

2. AMD recently announced another AMD price cut, and current chips have been cut down even further. There are even some retailers selling the 3000+ Winchesters for 130.

If you're going to wait any further, make that decision based on features and not prices. Don't expect the K8 processors to reduce in price significantly in the near future.

deception``

I say wait 2 weeks and see if the Venice is released. If not, grab yourself a 3000+ winny and use it for a couple months (or longer) before upgrading to the venice.

-Adrayic

April is the release but it will take a little time for the cores to be readily available an a reasonable price. I would not want to be the first one to buy a new core. I would like to see some reviews and here some owner reactions. I guess it comes down to how long can you wait.
I am running at 9x275 with stock vcore.

thanks all. B/c I'm a junior in high school and working weekends only for min. I will prob. not be able to go over like $350ish for the cpu/mobo/thermaltake xp 120. I may wait 'till May or June to purchase.

Back