• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I took the plunge today......

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

paupton

I just spent a fortune on 2 X 1024Gb of OCZ DDR400 Dual Channel PC3200 for my Asus A8N-Sli Deluxe with dual Asus 6800's. Wish me luck with these. Hope they OC well.
allan

Well, you may have spent a fortune, but at least you put the bucks on a safe bet. Chances are they will work well and if they don't OCZ will stand behind their product. It pays to get the best. Good luck with them.

OCZ ram chip I.D.

I have not received them yet. The sales person at Monarch computers did not know what chips were on them. They should arrive Monday or Tuesday. I wil get to put my eyes on them. I will post later. Hoping they are the TCCD.

well just provide a link to the product you bought and we can tell you what chips they use.

Link to Memory

The Seller was Monarch Computers

Manufacturer Part Number: OCZ4002048V3DC-K
Overview
OCZ DDR PC-3200 / 400MHz / Value Series / Dual Channel

OCZ PC-3200 products are 100% hand-tested to ensure compliance with stringent quality standards. In addition, every Dual Channel Kit from OCZ is hand tested as a matched pair across a wide variety of motherboards to ensure flawless performance on most motherboards.
The Seller was Monarch Computers

Manufacturer Part Number: OCZ4002048V3DC-K
Specification
ULN (Ultra Low Noise) technology
400 MHz
CL 3-4-4-8 (CAS-TRCD-TRP-TRAS)
2048MB (2X1GB) Dual Channel Optimized Kits
Unbuffered
2.6 Volts
184 Pin DIMM
Lifetime Warranty (By Manufacturer)

Retail Pack
I know there are more expensive pieces of memeory but I was a good boy and stayed in my budget. The wife gets the credit card bill first. LOL

Umm...Paupton...is this RAM just normal RAM? Or are u hoping it to be VX or something? Not sure why ur so excited about this...

NOTE: i dont know a lot on memory...keep that in mind

Oooh low 2.6v starting voltage, thats always good, means you have that much more room to push it.

Why I am excited

I was not able to find TCCD in 1Gb chips. I called MANY vendors but most did not know what chip sets were on their memory. I have been running 2x512 patriot and have been having issues. It is not a matched dual channel set. I am excited because I hope this OCZ will eliminate the BSOD, lock-up's, and anomolies mostly in games, that I have seen. It may not be super OCable but I hope it is stable. That is my first priority. I will live with what ever else. I decided on OCZ because of their reputation as selling some of the best memory.
Im holding my breath.

They wont be UTT yet either. In the product code for OCZ, there needs to be a "W" signaling winbond for the value series. Your lucky if you hit 2.5-3-3-7 with those. They are most likely mosul, hynix, or some other sort of DDR400 basic chip.

As you stated, your first priority is stability, plus the additional benefits of having 2 gigs of ram. You should achieve both of those goals with those sticks. Any overclocking you can get out of the sticks, and you should be able to get a certain amount, will just be icing.

OCZ's good reputation has been earned with excellent customer support and it is most likely that you will not require any support, but should the need arise, they will take care of you and help you resolve any issues you may have. I can't think of a single situation of anyone complaining that OCZ didn't make things right.

Enjoy your new sticks and say goodbye to your page file.

Back