• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I think my bandwidth is way low for 305MHz!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NinjaZX6R

RAM Junkie
See sig for specs, but I think that this bandwidth is very, very low for 305MHz HTT. Yes, it is at 1t. That was my first instict too. I also have bank interleave enabled, doesn't seem to make any difference. I left DRAM drive strength to auto. Wonder if that has anything to do with it? Anyhow...

mem.JPG

-Collin-

your sig says bh-5 at 252. what emeory do you have at 305 1t?

yea your scores seem low to me. they should be like 8000 i think.

Just for comparison my scores were 7207/7097 running at 9x280 3-4-8-3-1t, so yours sound on the low side. Perhaps it's something to do with the memory controller running at such a fast clock? Hey Ninja, everyone should be able to run at 305 to have such a problem!:)

It will help if you can post a screenie of your A64 tweaks also...and like I stated last night...the 8x multiplier is killing your bandwidth...who cares if you can run at 305HT if your system performs better at say 9x275 with better memory bandwidth...

BTW if you dont think that 8x is killing your bandwidth...heres a screenie with default timings and NO A64 tweaks and AOHELL, Yahoo and 3 IE browsers running...

270.JPG

Last edited:
running 166 is another killer...so you are not actually running at 1:1...

Stop trying to compair yours to mine if you are not going to actually run the memory at 1:1...you wont beable too get at the same bandwidth as mine...plus a few settings on A64 is looser then what I can run at...

Especially read preamble...I can run mine at 3.5ns when running 275/5-3-3-2.5/1:1...

Both CPUz and A64 tweaker say he's running 1:1. 2440.5/8=305.06Mhz. Keep in mind though that CPU speed is a primary factor in memory bandwidth. Dropping the async latency & TRTW a notch if you can get away with it may improve the situation.

Look at his refresh rate in A64 tweak...166/3.9ns...this is making the ram run at 166...not 200 which is not 1:1...

I can run my ram at 166 refresh rate also and CPU-Z show running at 1:1...but si sandra tells the real story of it running in async...

Nah I ain't buyin. If he were running with a 166 divider his ram speed would be 244(2440/10) and I believe his score would be far lower. As it stands he's only 200Mb/s off Glock's score at a CPU speed that's 160Mhz lower. I run 166Mhz refresh rates all the time and it doesn't cripply my memory scores or impose a divider.

did you also notice my timings in my post...he is 200 off while running at 305/7-3-4-2.5...while I am running at 270/8-4-4-2.5 without A64 tweaker...he is well over 500 - 600MB off when I just go up to 275/5-3-4-2.5...

There are a lot of major factors here...the multiplier...the Ghz...the A64 refreash rate...all of this comes into play which is what I had been telling him for while now...

Tim...you also are not running TCCD's...the refresh rate on A64 does effect TCCD's in memory bandwidth...

I sold my TCCD last month, I didn't get a brain transplant bro. :) I agree there are many factors that go into determining memory performance, and refresh rate is one, but I think the single biggest factor here is CPU speed. I think we can all agree that if he were actually running with a 166mhz memorylock his bandwidth wouldn't be in the low 7ks.

Sandra suxxors huge anyway, I don't know why everyone clings to it as a measure of memory performance.

Well, a little update....

I tried a 7x multi just to be curious. It dropped me WELL below the 7gb mark. I was at about 6400mbps. So, I guess cpu speed is what is crippling me? Along with a few other things, but that seem sto be the biggest factor. Well, it makes me hate my stupid CBBID just that much more. GRRRRRRR I want this thing to DIE!

-Collin-

You should be well over 8G if you could use the 9x...

This is my normal settings...and you notice you are almost 500MB behind me while still running 30HT more then me...

200Mhz.JPG

7300MB/s isn't so bad. That's right about what Sandra assigns me. Then Everest says 7700+ and I have no idea which is accurate. Not too worried about it, it's fast either way.

...but he can't use the 9x multi because his chip won't do 2700Mhz.

You could probably set it to 1.55v +450% and not get it to 2.7Ghz if it doesn't wanna go there. :)

TimoneX said:
...but he can't use the 9x multi because his chip won't do 2700Mhz.

Believe me I know this...I have been helping Collin well before he got his first 939...and this is what he gets for not listening on what CPU to get...

At least he listened to what MB to get...but like I tell him almost everyday...STFU and listen to what people have to say, not what you just want to hear...and then do the opposite of what you want to do...one of these days he might actually listen...especially from someone that doesnt have to switch out some type of hardware 3 times a week ;)

Back