• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dfi Nf4 Sli-d

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Highlander

Need some advice, mates just purchased the above, along with a 3200 winny (CBBID 0502BPEW) so its gonna be a crap clocker. Along with a 6800GT.
Having huge issues getting clocks out of it though. 240*10 is a no go, running 1.55v 230*10 is ok though, as is 240*9. So this is leading to a p*** poor chip right? Are there any magic settings or settings that can help boost an OC on the DFI?
Tried running mem dividers, errors occur earlier, stuck in some samsung DTL CB3 thats run 260 in this neo and NF7 no probs, and memtest goes ape, over 4000 errors at anything above 230 fsb, so not sure whats going on there....
Anyways, any ideas would be welcomed, dont wanna let this chip win without getting 2.4ghz out of it....

He's running my Adata atm, thats run fine in my neo, doesnt go far 1:1 but ran a divider fine something its not appearing to do on the DFI... the cpu's doing 2.2 on stock volts, then just appears to stall and stop after that lol :S

<edit> its memtesting fine at 240, which really surprised me though, as its only ever done ~ 235-237 on other boards.... so it could well be a ram problem.. Just it doesnt seem to help running a divider which lead the the cpu conclustion.. </edit>

I have A-DATA aswell, and these are crap OCers. I tried running 250x10 and it so wont even budge. lol Although, I should have upped my voltages to see if that was the problem.

I can get 2400mhz with my 3000 CBBID chip. I only have stock cooling though. Once I upgrade i hope to get more. You should definately be eable to get higher then me with your chip.

shuiends said:
I can get 2400mhz with my 3000 CBBID chip. I only have stock cooling though. Once I upgrade i hope to get more. You should definately be eable to get higher then me with your chip.

Yeah I'm hoping to get awesome overclocks... I'm shooting for atleast 2.7-2.8 (280x10) atleast. I'm currently on a 3400+ s754 Newcastle (2.4 Ghz stock) and I can only get 2.51 because I'm on stock cooling with a modded 80mm Tt fan onto the HS and I don't feel comfortable going over 50C load.

He's gonna grab a gig of GSkill LE, so shouldnt have any ram limits. Seems the cpu is gonna crap out before 2.4ghz which is really poor though :(

Highlander said:
He's gonna grab a gig of GSkill LE, so shouldnt have any ram limits. Seems the cpu is gonna crap out before 2.4ghz which is really poor though :(

Yeah Gskill rocks... TCCD is awesome.

What speed is he looking at? PC-3200?

He's using the lastest from the DFI website iirc.
Think he's after the 4400 LE kit, but it's still in limbo atm, as its a lot to spend on memory... The cpu is seeming really poor, so not sure if its worth spending out for some decent stuff or not...

Back