• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Voltagemod on Iwill KK266-R doesn´t work

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mortdog

Registered
I have done the standard Pin 7 - Resistor - Earth voltagemod but it doesn´t seem to work.

My computer doesn´t start actually. When I disconnect the earth It boots normally.

I have tested 33 K ohm 1/4 watt, 22 K ohm 1/4 watt and 10 k ohm 1/4 watt.

This is strange. Have I forgotten anything.

Btw. I use a screw on the motherboard as earth.

Ditch the fixed resistors and use a 47k trimmer or pot. Boot your computer with the trimmer at full resistance, go into Via Hardware Monitor and dial in the voltage you want. If the screen blanks, back the trimmer off a tad while the computer reboots. You will have gone as far as you can without a trimmer between Pin 10 and ground.

The mod works by lowering the resistance between Pin 7 and ground. This fools the voltage feed back loop into thinking it needs to put out more voltage. If the resistance between Pin 7 and ground is too low, you board wont boot. Because of production tolerances, not all boards require the same resistance for a successful mod. The well intentioned hardware Sites that recommend the use of a fixed resistor have not done enough boards to understand this.

I have used a 50 K ohm pot and the same thing happened. The dumb thing is that I can turn the wheel without knowing what is max and what is the lowest. There is no stop.

But I´m gonna try this again.

Thanks for the advice.

From the back side of the pot with the pins down, use the left and center pin. Full counterclockwise is full resistance. After booting your computer, turn the pot to the right (clockwise) to raise the voltage. If this does not work, please let me know as your board will be the first I have heard of that needs more than 47k other than an Abit K7G.

Oh yes....

Bought a new trimpotentiometer. PCT-10 47 OHM 0.33 Watts 1 Turn. 1.13 $

Worked like a charm. I think I had problems with the former one which could make 20 turns and I never learned to set it and it costed 3 $.

My computer was allmost stable at 1500 mhz at 1.92 Volt before.
manage to increase the fsb to 156 and multiplier at 10=1560 mhz stable. Vcore 2.3. It runs a bit warmer though:). 48 C at normal internet activity. Gonna test it really thorough now.

Thanks for the tips!

i've got a question, gonna do this mod soon. Or rather have someone do it for me (not the gr8st with a soldering iron)

how much does this raise your temps in all reality of things?

runnin a wbk38 w/38cfm delta usualy 36-44 for the temps, gonna do a vapochill type thing soon here:)

and what's the most volts u managed to give he chip?

whats the safest without killing it, got a nice avia week 12 Y that im determined to get 1700+ out of

Back