• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what happened?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zangler

i was running seti spy, and i was about %40 done with a wu. i closed it down to run a program, then when i opened it again it crashed my system twice, then i had to start the wu over. is there a safe way to pause? just so i can run programs without losing my wu. thanks

If SETI clc detects any corruption of the results.sah file it will start all over again. When shutting down the clc configure it to automatically close.....or manually close it before shutting the computer.

Even with power faillures or crashes, I haven't lost any WU for improper shutting down of the clc.

I like using the SETI Driver to "pause" my crunching when I'm tinkering with something. You move maximum processes to "0" and hit "Update Progress Now". It will pause SETI Spy and SETI Spy will go yellow (idle). Restart, you set the maximum process back to "1" and hit the update and it will start SETI Spy again...

Back