• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dell 700m

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xenocide

whose got one, and what do you think?

earlier i bought a compaq v2000 and i hated that pos with a passion.

im probabbly going to buy a 700m with in a few days

1.8ghz/512/60gb/8xdvdrw/2215abg-wifi

If you do, do it soon with the dell coupons (check slickdeals). I've been itching the "buy" button on a 600m for 2 days now...

My girl friend recently purchased a 700m. Works perfectly fine. Really small compact and cute. Perfect for those who want some really light and portable, yet stylish at the same time.

I was debating between a 700M and a 12" Powerbook. I went the way of the latter, but not because I didn't think the 700M was a good machine. There's another thread - "Mobile Laptops" that I started that someone posted some coupon codes to. Check it out...

My Twin has one, and it is a GREAT laptop. Nice strong wireless, not a horrible battery and the screen although small is very sharp. The wieght is just over 4 lbs, so not that bad.

I have only good things to say about it, except just 1 thing. The Extreme Graphics II is pretty basic, I wish it gave more punch in that area. Still the best 12" out their though.

Why the 700m just to ask? Why not a i8600 or i9300? Or do you not really care about the vidcard? Don't buy a compaq lol. I've owned three compaq computers and all of them were pieces of crap. Worst computers I've ever owned. Have a i8600 now and it rocks. Dell doesn't even care if you open up your laptop and install parts. It won't void your warranty :D

Hey Dylruss, you have a twin?

Yep, like Enduro said.... we love our 8600's, with a 1.6A dothan, 9600 graphics card, and 768MB of ram (I just got 256 from Dell then bought 512 from the egg) they're able to play HL2 at medium settings, so I'm more than happy with the performance on mine.

enduro said:
Why the 700m just to ask? Why not a i8600 or i9300? Or do you not really care about the vidcard? Don't buy a compaq lol. I've owned three compaq computers and all of them were pieces of crap. Worst computers I've ever owned. Have a i8600 now and it rocks. Dell doesn't even care if you open up your laptop and install parts. It won't void your warranty :D

Hey Dylruss, you have a twin?

Sure do have a twin (not idenical).

I guess the best reason to get a 700m would just be because of it being small and light. The i8600 or i9300 may be an all around better alternative, but the only thing that would make you not look at them closer is if you wanted something smaller or wanted to save a few more $$. But again, those would be great alternatives.

I myself love the idea of the Dell 6000 w/ the ati vid card. It is the inbetween of the 700m and the i9300, and a good price.

Back