• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question on 78.41 drivers.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

inkfx

Question on 71.84 drivers.

I know these threads are all over the place but I just want to get a quick answer on this. Does NVTweak work with these drivers? I cant seem to get the OC menu to come up. What other programs could I use to OC? Right now I dont even know what my card is clocked at. Not sure if it stayed at 400/1100 or if it went back to default 350/1000.

Last edited:
Using Rivatuner

Rivatuner works for me .Benchmarks faster in Auquamark on a Vanilla 6800 128mb unlocked pipes and shader clocked at 350/800 .47561 Aquamark.

MassRaptor

inkfx said:
I know these threads are all over the place but I just want to get a quick answer on this. Does NVTweak work with these drivers? I cant seem to get the OC menu to come up. What other programs could I use to OC? Right now I dont even know what my card is clocked at. Not sure if it stayed at 400/1100 or if it went back to default 350/1000.

Do you mean the coolbits setting? If so, yes it works. You'll have to re-add it after you install them, though.

One thing I noticed is I can't seem to find the refresh-rate override table anymore... :shrug:

where did you get that 78.41 driver???

Or do you mean 71.84????

I use coolbit 2.0, and it works great. You should try that since NV tweak is not working for you now.

Yeah I mean 71.84. :p Well I guess its working now. All of a sudden the options just appeared, I didnt do anything at all. Thanks for the help.

well, sometimes you may just have to reboot your computer to get things working right. Glad that problem is gone for you.

Kenshiro, how did you break such nice clocks on your BFG? My BFG would shut down after a few 3dmark loops of nature when I used the 1.4v BIOS (I tried several different ones, too). I finally said that my card hated 1.4volts. It raised my clocks up to like 425-430, but it would always shut down. I tried the stock copper dual fan cooling, and I also tried an NV5 on it (all with AC5 paste).

My final clocks were 393/1.14 before I sold it stock on ebay for 340 :(

My eVGA 6800 Ultra has hit 446/1250 on the default 1.4volts, but I'm not sure if I should push 1.5volts with the NV5 cooler. The NV5 and the stock cooling basically cool the same amount :(. I think I may need water cooling for it. So yeah... how did you break 430/1.2? What BIOS/volts you running?

inkfx said:

Oh man... sry for jacking your thread with my previous post. I actually like rivatuner, and also I use Pstrip (PowerStrip). Type in Pstrip in Google and you'll find that one. PowerStrip does NOT have to test your card to run certain clocks, so that way you don't have to wait for that "test" button EVERY SINGLE time. That's why I liked that one. Just be very careful. Also, with powerstrip you can save profiles of specific clocks, so this way you can adjust for specific games also... if you actually push your card to its limits.

As for Rivatuner, I simply LOVE the temperature/clock graph that they provide. It is, in my opinion, the BEST way (without a temp probe/sensor) to check your GPU temps. It's the best way to check your load temps. Just run your 3dmark programs and look for the peak temp on the graph. 3dmark03 peaks really high on temps before halfway through. You can actually see the graph and it peaks around "Troll's Lair" and "Mother Nature." I have peaked up to 73C on them. Most people claim that their load temps are what NVTuner says right after a 3dmark benchmark, instead of really checking the load temps with a graph. Good luck.

I am quite lucky with my card. I didn't do anything special to it. I don't intend to flash it too, since I already have such a nice o/c on it. The initial auto detect went to around 434 on core, and 1.13 on memory. After I install the NV5, it went up to 443, and 1.14. As we all know, overclocking is a matter of luck, and I happen to be lucky.

Well, I'm lucky on my vid card, but got luck out on my CPU. I'm having problems hitting 2.5G.

Back