• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cad

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

firebat45

im fresh outta ideas for some drawing projects, im fairly skilled if i do say so myself, anybody got something they want CADed out? Since im doing this for the heck of it, im not charging anyone, i might later on, depends on response. Case window designs, fan grills, etc, anything like that. I would just be glad to see something i drew fabricated into someones rig atm.

PS if you do want something, dont expect it the next day (unless its simple), some CAD stuff takes a lot of time

Hey, great of you to offer your CAD services. :thup:

As for myself - learning Rhino3D & expect to expand that with Matrix & maybe
some JewelCAM courses later this year.

If nobody takes you up on the offer for free CAD work it's their loss.
Best of luck! :)

It'd be cool if you could make out a CAD of a sub box accomodating 2 12s an an 8. Go crazy with the design. :)

If you have time, of course.

I would be asking you do to something for me, a small case design job, but the person I contacted, never even got back to me about an estimate, when I sent the image as requested *sigh* Still need to find somebody who can cut my case.

i dont really know alot about car speakers, im not going to get into all the acoustic tuning and stuff, i can design a box that looks good, but i don't know how it'll sound. (although i seem to have a knack of geting things right on my first try)

Ok, give me just a sec, fire.

I would like to get this cut into the side of a Chieftec Dragon Full Tower case panel. The panel is 17" w x 24.5" h. I would want it centered 4.5" from the right side 9" down from the top. The case handle is in the center of the panel, and starts .5" from the left side, and ends at 4.7". Top of handle is 10" from the top of the panel, and bottom of handle is 11" from the bottom. 5.2" from the left side, begins 2 80mm fan grills. They extend to 8.5" from the left. The bottom one begins 4.5" from the bottom, and ends at 8". There is a 2.5" space above that fan grill, then begins another, starting 10" and ending 13.5" from the bottom.

http://members.lycos.co.uk/pyroblizzard/Tribal_Dragon.jpg

Hope I was detailed enough with the measurements. If clarification is needed, just ask.

Last edited:
wow thats gonna look sweet. it'll take a bit to get that whole dragon into CAD, but im getting right to it as soon as im done posting. This is exactly the kind of stuff i was talking about doing.

hehe, im glad I can help, and thank you in advance for the offer to do this, and for free. I know most people would cringe at the complexity of the design for just a case, but I could of done much worse. Now, if only I had somebody to cut it.

did you draw the design? or did you find it somewhere? BTW, i couldn't spend much time on it yesterday, but i have the head finished now, and expect to spend more time today, and if it takes me till the weekend, then ill put some major hours into it.
If you drew it, what other formats do you have, and also, check the classifieds, theres a few people offering to do waterjet cutting.

I drew something similar, but my scanner is currently not working, so I just got on dA and found the closest I could find (pretty close, just a main difference in the tail, and the width of the body*

Back