• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Recommend Motherboard for Athlon T-Bird 1.4

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CobaltBoy

I'm an big fan of Asus motherboards but I've been reading a lot of recommendations here for either the Epox-8KHA or Epox-8K7A.
I've had a look at specs for both and the only noticable difference that would have any effect for me is the DDR ram slots.

I've currently purchased:
AMD ATHLON T-BIRD 1.4GHZ 256K FSB266 CPU
2 x Micron PC2100 256mb DDR 266 cas2.5 RAM

Already have:
2 x WD 45GB ATA-66 hard-drives
Diamond Viper550 16mb AGP Video Card
Adaptec 2910C PCI SCSI Card
Yamaha CRW4416S 4x4x16 SCSI Drive
AOpen CRW2040 20X10X40 IDE Drive
Creative SB Live!
Epson Perfection 1250 USB Scanner
Canon BJC4300 Printer
Windows XP Professional

I can get the 8KHA for $6 less.
Which would be the better board? Why?

Yeah the Doctor is giving you the skinny...I think Asus is overpriced for what you get and have had many guy's tell me that their quality has gone down...

Yeah.. wait for the new epox board. Test have shown that the kt266a is beating the nvidia chipset in some areas. It looks to be the board to get.

Hookem said:
Yeah the Doctor is giving you the skinny...I think Asus is overpriced for what you get and have had many guy's tell me that their quality has gone down...

whatever you do do NOT get an A7A266...it's about as stable as a drunk 300lb person on a unicycle

Back