• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

One more try!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jonspd

Super Speedy Senior
Ok I have one person that's on our folding team that has been helping me for over a yr now. I dont want people that are just going to fold for a month or so even tho that would help what I'am looking for is someone welling to fold for my user name jonspd 24\7 for some time so I can get my average about 1k. Right now I'am @ around 700ppd with 3 comp's one of which is a top 5 member's 24\7 box. I have 2 of my own soon by the end of may hope to have 3 which should put me around 800-900 pdd so what I need is someone's help to get be above 1Kppd so I can keep climbing the ladder.

I have a really big domain of computer's that are on one network that I could borg but really dont know how. It's over 200 pc's but everything is passworded so I'am kinda lost. I couldnt ever get the one-click to install on the pc I was working from. I did do the net install thing that tell you all the computer's that are on the network and I was like O $H!T but that's as fair as I can get without some know how.

Any help on either of the above would be great fold on.

Jonspd

Why not add another machine? I just got a $37 P4 MB from newegg, that with a used 2.4C and some RAM, and you can have somehting folding for under $200. Putting out about 500 PPD.

Do you have an administrative account you can use on the domain? If so then i think I help can walk you though getting the whole network borged (assuming you have permission of course :) ). If im not able to help directly then im sure Wedo or dark_15 might be able to assist as well.

Nope no administrator account that I know of.

As for building another computer I only have a 4 port router and when my birthday come's in april the router will be full so I really need about another 200ppd help from somewhere to get be to about 1k ppd. Funny you state it that way tho fishy' seeing is most of your's aren't even in your state probably and you have over 10k ppd right now. Share the wealth Blah.

Jonspd

So no help on borging the network either?

Well, the way you've described the situation so far, sounds a bit like it would be an underhanded borg. If you don't have the explicit permission and co-operation of the network admins, you'll a) find it really hard to do b) find no encouragement here c) bring disrepute on the whole folding program "Folding? isn't that like a virus? I had to clear it off our network once...."

So, once you've confirmed you've got full permission and full administrative access, everyone will be all over you to help set it up.

regards,

Road Warrior

Very well put and I guess I will talk with the Manager about it when I go back out for my 2 week's.

If you look at my stats, you'll see that I do pretty darn well for myself and the only machines I have folding for me are mine or people who have given me permission to put it on their computer, which is just a couple of machines. I do what I can afford to do and I don't have possible access to hundreds of borgs like you. Just fold with what you can or form a team or start a world war like fishy and co. :)

If I would decide to form a team, I wouldn't expect people to fold under my present name as it wouldn't be fair to the rest of the team. I accept the fact that I will never have enough money(to build and run more rigs) or access to enough other machines to make it into the top 20 and even making it into the top 50 will be rough, but I will know that I've done my best for the project and our team. :cool:

Back