• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What kind of OC can i expect?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

crayzboost

Disabled
ok guys i have been looking into OC'ing for some time now but i cant seem to fully understand it, ive gone through the A8V deluxe OC'ing guide several times now but cant seem to grasp it, so i want ahead and OC'd in the bios to the 10% setting, everything seems to be working fine @ 2.42ghz.

what kind of stable OC can i expect to achieve? i was thinking around 2.6ghz wouldnt be extreme, am i thinking in the bounds of my cpu?

system specs are in my sig, thanks in advance

ok so i went back through the a8v overclocking guide and it doesnt seem like anyone is getting above 2.5ghz stable, and i also saw that its not supposed to be good to use the auto overclocking feature on my mobo, how come?

The auto oc feature is just limiting is all. Nothing wrong with it other than you can only get a 10% oc. If you are happy with that, no problem.

2.5ghz should be easy. I do not have an A8V but on my A8N I have gotten 2561mhz and the A8N is not a very good overclocking board right now.

Good luck

Back