• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

5:4 P2.8 (mo) @ 3.5!, Finally

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

f1re

Registered
As many of you know, my old P42.8c was . house. Swaped with my bro's P4 2.8 MO and now i can get to 250mhz on 5:4. Before on old P4 could not get past 230mhz on 5:4.
So 250mhz is the max my cpu will o/c.I chnaged back to 1:1 i only stable at exactly 3.3..... whats holding me back?

If i make it 1:1 and my PC3200 512 Generic makes it stable at about 240mhz, if i buy a new corsair 2x512 PC3200C2 kit, will i be able to O/C stable furtehr on 1:1? Or will it be same casue both RAM are PC3200 @ 1:1 but the corsair will just have 1gig..? All of my o/c is done with 2.8v RAM and stock vcore.

Thnks guys! This forum ahs helped me out ALOT!

Last edited:
If you want to stay 1:1 you should get good PC4000/4200 RAM and NOT PC3200. Congrats on the 250FSB but you're turning this subject into a double post. I just replied to your other post on the same matter. Please try and stay in the same thread...

If i o/c with my PC3200 to the max it can go, it will hav to be at 5:4. Is there much difference from 1:1 to 5:4 of the ram? I know that 5:4 makes ur ram perfrom lower than it is suppose to. But are the ram difefernces notiicable?>

on an intel system, changing the fsb:ram divider causes only a minimal decrease in performance, but 1:1 still wins any day of the week

also, raising vcore (to 1.625 max for a northy), should help you OC a bit further as well

I also wanted to know that if you have the 5:4 divider set, that if I had my FSB set high enough so where the RAM would be running at the normal speed it was suppose to(PC3200 at 200mhz) would there still be a decrease in performance??

PEACE

Edit: You might not want to run your NW over 1.6v for an extented amount of time. But this is just me, as I don't want to have to run into SNDS and not be able to clock high again or just lose my CPU:(

PEACE

running 250 5:4 means that your ram is acturly running stock speed, so with some volts (2.8v if thats you max) you could probably get some good timings out of it. I wouldnt bother buying new ram to be honest.

Back