• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me break 3.7 GHZ on a Celeron D 330 2.66 GHZ processor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SeanM

Registered
Hey,

These are my specs:
Motherboard: ASUS P4P800 SE
Processor: Celeron D 330 D0 Stepping @ 3.68 GHZ / 184 FSB
Cooling: Zalman CNPS7000B-AlCu P4 Cooler
Memory: 2 X Crucial 512 MB PC3200 DDR 2.5 2 2 5
Graphics: Sapphire 9800 Pro 128 MB
Sound: Sound Blaster Audigy 2
Power: Antec True Power 330 Watt PS

I am 100% prime 95 stable for 12 hours on the above specification. If I try to raise FSB to even 185 from 184 I get Prime 95 errors. I have raised VCORE as high as 1.5 volts with no effect.

Any suggestions for getting my Celeron D to 3.8 or even 4 GHZ. If I rapleace my true power 330 with a true power 480 would that likely have any effect?

-Sean

Since your memory and mobo is running way below stock, i fear that you've simply outmaxed your chip. Great overclock anyway.

I don't think he wants to replace his current hardware somehow. What are your temps? As Sjaak said its more than likely your cpu is at its limit. Its an awesome overclock as it is.

My CPU temps are 33 idle and 44 prime 95 load. I have an Antec SLK3700 case with 2 120 mm case fans and an 80 mm side blow hole.

Do you really think I need to cool my MOSFETTS?

-Sean

I have basically the same hardware (D0) and have a 3.8GHz stable with two instances of Prime95. My difference is an x800 pro modded to x800 xt pe and an Enermax 465 Watt PSU.

I have built two other systems for friends of mine and (D0) have only been able to hit 3.6 on one and 3.7 on the other. It's a hit and miss method but even so you have a great overclock on a value chip. :)

R

Thanks for all of the advice. I never would have got my system to 3.68 GHZ without this great forum. Regarding the MOSFETS, do they heat up as the GHZ goes up? I am only running 1.3875 VCORE (still basically stock). I sure don’t want to burn up my mother board.

-Sean

The more speed you push the CPU to, the more juice it is going to be pulling. Sinking the fets will certainly not do anything negative save void your warranty.

Back