• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best timing for infineon ram

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chubchubcullen

I have a stick of 512MB PC3200 Infineon ram. im runnnig it at 2.5-5-5-7 :shrug: well thats the spd. Anyone with the same ram? whats your timing? what should i run it at?

Hmm, well I run my 2x Infineon PC3200 at CL2-3-3-5-1T @ 230MHz and it's rock stable at 2.85V. Just had to add 2 Revoltec Heat Sinks, that is damn good ram for the price. I'm sure I could get the voltage down some more and then test it with Memtest-86, but I haven't gotten to it yet.

I haven't tried it yet, but I am very sure that it would run a CL2-2-2-5-1T at stock voltage (with some Heatsinks) but I'd up it a bit to be safe.

err.... I don't think we'll be seeing any 2-2-2-5 action from any infinion anytime soon... at any voltage. BH-5 and TCCD are the only chips I can think of that will run those timmings at 200mhz and 2.6 volts. I'm pretty amazed you are in windows with CL2 on infineon. Is there some infinion chip I don't know about? Is it prime and memtest stable? I'd love to see some CPU-z SPD shots of that stuff.

you might want to try 3-3-3-8 on that infineon if 2.5-3-3-7 doesn't work. Experement with memtest and the memory bendwidth test in sandra to see what your best settings are.

Post the codes on the chips and someone may be able to help you identify them. Some Infineon was supposed to be relabeled Winbond bh-6, so you never know what you might have. The link below is to a site which has pictures of various ICs, including some from Infineon...is yours there?

http://www.biwa.ne.jp/~yok/TENJIKAN-DDR.htm

The newer stuff, the "c" die, is also rumored to be based on the Winbond UTT, after all, Winbond and Infineon have entered into manufacturing agreements with Winbond producing chips for Infineon, the excess capacity that Infineon does not buy is what is being sold as the UTT, according to a news release from last August (see link).

http://www.globalsources.com/gsol/I/Optoelectronic-Component/a/9000000055550.htm

Sometimes you get real lucky.

Well, here are some screens of my ram and of CPU-Z. The are CE-5 chips, they are revision C apparently. Maybe they are produced by Winbond, although they don't have the typical dual slots in the middle of the chip. I'm gonna look around and see what I can find out about this chip.
Another thing is that I heard is that Winbond was making chips for Infineon using Infineon-Tech and not Winbond-Tech. I might be mistaken though.

24cy.jpg

27ua.jpg

33to.jpg

Last edited:
wow...just wow... I didn't realize infineon had ram like that. You must have got the deal of the century on ram that will do CL2 at 230.... insane.

Oh, Welcome to the Forums

I've seen a bunch of Kingston relabeled lately with chips that look just like those. I wouldn't be surprised if they turned out to be Infineon ICs.

There is some "co-operation" going on between Winbond and Infineon, with Infineon providing the newer technology and Winbond doing some manufacturing. I'm not sure to what extent that reaches, in other words are all currently produced Winbond using Infineon tech, or just some of it? This kind of stuff doesn't get published in the local daily paper...know what I mean?

Well these are certainly Infineon's chips, although it is possible that they were manufactured by Winbond.

I was looking around for some info on these chips and about the Infineon / Winbond relationship. Winbond has been using Infineon Tech since 2002 to make their chips. I believe only for wafer size and die size, the actual tech was still from Winbond. In 2002 Winbond licensed .11 micron technolgy on 300mm wafers from Infineon. In 2004 they licensed .09 micron technology from Infineon and made an agreement to manufacture Infineon's own chips for them. For the rest of the production that isn't used by Infineon, Winbond sells UTC chips.

So it is possible that these chips were manufactured by Winbond, but still using pure Infineon tech. The chips are just great for overclocking and for an even better price. By looking at some other forums, many others have been able to overclock these chips very well. Some have been able to get speeds of 255 MHz and more on CL2.5! I am going to do some more testing and post what these chips can do here.

All I can say is that you get alot of bang for the buck with these CE-5 chips. According to others they are also used in some OCZ and Corsair modules. Just slap on some heat spreaders and you're good to go, but for a fraction of the price that you would pay for OCZ or Corsair modules. :p

i have very similar ram, but at 2.5, it will post as "pc2700" at 3, its at full 3200..... if I try to force it to CL2.... it posts at 2100....

you may have gotten lucky, and got great overclocking ram... but from my experience, while it is a GREAT set of memory.... VERY stable... it isn't great to OC with....

TollhouseFrank said:
i have very similar ram, but at 2.5, it will post as "pc2700" at 3, its at full 3200..... if I try to force it to CL2.... it posts at 2100....

I have also heard that other Infineon ram doesn't overclock very well, although I have never had any other Infineon DDR ram other than these with the CE-5 chips. So I can't say anything about them from personal experience, either one way or the other.

But apparently only Infineon ram with these CE-5 chips overclock very well, other Infineon chips don't overclock very well if at all.

Back