• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

laptop value question?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lilneel12

I am wondering how much this laptop is worth. I have a good estimate, but i'm not too sure, so i want to get some other peoples opinions.

hey, i got a hp zv5000.
here are the specs

15.4in widescreen
1.6ghz amd 3000+ xp mobile with 256kb L2 Cache
2x 512mb pc3200 ram
dvd/cd-rw drive
3x usb ports
geforce 4 420 go
40gig samsung 5400rpm harddrive
harmon kardon speakers
802.11 b/g (and c i think) wireless card built-in
windows xp home licenced with laptop
and i have original box

the chip in this laptop is a 754 pin amd mobile chip. the chipset is nforce 3 and does support 64 bit chips. The screen has no dead pixels and the case has mininal scratches.

thanks

hmm i would pay somewhere between 1000 and 1300 seeing how it's used and all...

i think I figured the max value of mine is about 1400-1500 and I have allmost the same specs as your laptop except I have a pentium-m and not an AMD...

my laptop was worth about 2200 when I bought it...

you could always go to ebay to check out the average sale price...

yep, i'd say right around $1100. Ur weakpoints are definately the vid and processor... perhaps upgrade and keep?

yea, i like the laptop and all, but i need a 12inch for school.

so is $850-900 too low for this laptop?

Awwww....it ain't worth nothin. I'll trade ya even up for my Presario 1720US. :p

j/k ;)

eBAY will give you a fair direction, if you can find you exact model, similarly equipped. It's a good as any place to start. Google your model number too, and see what that pulls up.

750-850
ok laptop but i dont think it really stands out anywhere
keep an eye on ebay and you'll see laptops like your go for a bit cheaper then 750

i think it is worth quite a bit.. it is really too dang hard to tell these days with all the rebate crap going on. you can find a dell for a way sweet deal.. likea gamer laptop for under 1000 these days if you get them on a good sale.. but in stores, these puppys go for quite a bit.. i guess i just dont know.... :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

the value of your laptop is more or less directly based upon who want's it... all the joe sixpacks want p4's and all the local geeks want pentium-m's... just not a winning situation :(

my girlfriend just bought a similar one with a full warentee for around $1500...

amd 64 is the boss, 15.4 wide is nice...dvd burner, lots of ram, ill say $1100 used, its worth a shot. if that doesnt work dont go below 900-- or ill have to buy it from you...if it gets goos battery life, that is....i kinda want a 12 for school too :p

remember, this isn't a amd64 chip, its a amd athlon xp-m, but its a socket 754 so it can easily be made into a 3400+ A64 setup. Also, its a dvd-rom drive and cd-rw not dvd-rw. Does this make a difference in the price?? I'm thinking around $900-1000 is the worth of it since it is in very good condition and i have all of the original cd and box that it came in.

no, its a new xp-m and its socket 754, i'll take a screen of cpu-z and post it.

yup, thats why this has the nforce3 go 150 chipset, and thats why this can be upgraded to a64.

Back