• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Oc'ing my intel with dry ice.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jack222

Ok, byt he title you probally thought i already did it, i didnt. I was wondering what you guys thought the results might be. I dont want to go through the hassel if it wont be much...here are ym specs:
3.2 presscott
Abit IC7-G MAX2
Corsair valueselect, 1GB 2.5-3-3-8

Those are what is going to matter. I am no noob, just a first time poster.

So please just write of ypu think the dry ice will make my day :)

PS-will my board be stable enough?

Applying it directly will probably crack the core. It's -78C. It freezes the water out of the air as well so you'd have lots of condensation to deal with. Dropping it in the reservoir for your water cooling might result in CO2 bubbles going down the pipe which would not be good.

:D

I do dry ice overclocking all the time.
while dry ice does get exceptionally cold, your CPU doesn't actually get to -79C when in use, its more like -60 under load.
alittle colder for suicide shots.

from your CPU I would guess 4.8 to 5.2 isn't too far fetched with some good cooling, and good hardware. (Strong PSU mainly)

you might be better served to look in the extremecooling section of forums another great place to look around for similar setups and ideas is xtremesystems.org

DeepScience said:
Dropping it in the reservoir for your water cooling might result in CO2 bubbles going down the pipe which would not be good.

:D

Just a little.. ;)

hawtrawkr: I meant the "welcome to the forums" part, not the go to the cooling section part. lol

Jack222: You just asked if dry ice would make your day, not for specifics. As you know, cooling is a major part of overclocking. The colder the better. So I would say you would do better with dry ice than with water or air. Whether it is worth it or not is up to you.

Back