• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Folding problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mudpark41

I have my 2.4 ghz Intel rig folding 24/7. It finished a Gromac big WU and then just stopped. It did not send in the data and It did not recieve a new WU untill I restarted the program. To this date even though I have finished about 6 or so large WU's the folding stats still show nothing. Any one know why my machiene is not reporting any data?

Winblows?
Linux?
Wine?

If you are running -verbosity 9 what does the log file say?
even if you are not running -verbosity 9 what does the log file say?
If you are not runnning -verbosity 9 use it to get more information from the log file as you fold.

To this date even though I have finished about 6 or so large WU's the folding stats still show nothing.

which folding stats... your personal stanford stats or emIII? How do you know it is showing nothing... is this the only machine you have?

mudpark41 said:
I have my 2.4 ghz Intel rig folding 24/7. It finished a Gromac big WU and then just stopped. It did not send in the data and It did not recieve a new WU untill I restarted the program. To this date even though I have finished about 6 or so large WU's the folding stats still show nothing. Any one know why my machiene is not reporting any data?
Please post your full log fine and client.cfg as well.

It's on windows.
Here is the log and client.cfg

client.cfg
[settings]
username=mudpark41
team=32
asknet=no
bigpackets=no
machineid=1

[http]
active=no
host=localhost
port=8080
usereg=no
proxy_name=
proxy_passwd=

[graphics]
subtitle=Distributed Computing - http://folding.stanford.edu
drawgap=125
drawtitle=1
saver_mode_enabled=0
saver_runs_core=0
saver_idle_minutes=1
drawlogos=0
logourl=
drawmode=1

[core]
priority=96
cpuusage=100
disableassembly=no
checkpoint=15
ignoredeadlines=no

[power]
battery=no

Attaching the Log File

Attachments

• FAHlog.txt
    21.3 KB · Views: 66
It looks like the unit finished and then the machine "hung" try to shut core down and worked for 6 days without really doing anything, and then restarted the same WU.

I don't see how you have finished a large WU on that machine when the bigpackets are not enabled.

-verbosity 9 will give more info.

You do have enough hdd space free on this machine right?

really other than maybe a random windows error, or problem with video card/graphical client conflict... I don't know..

Have you tried the windows console to see if it does the same?

The one WU in that log that was completed started with a user Id of Seven. At some point during it's running you changed the user name to mudpark41. The work unit, p874 (not a big WU by the way), was never turned in. Perhaps the name change caused the hang up. For a rig running 24/7, there sure are a lot of stops and starts of FAH.

Back