• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

low 3dmark 05 scores ???? help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Brandontw

I just got my computer finished, and have been running some benchmarks. i have the cpu oc'ed to 2.25 ghz, and the 6600gt is overclocked to 524 mhz core and 1.4 ghz memory. I only getting a 3dmark score of 3439-- that seems bad to me. I do better with aquamark 3 ( 539876) what could be the problem?

That doesn't seem ultra low. Is 524 all you can get from the core? That mem overclock is awesome! I don't think 3439 is super low, and I bet if you can get the gpu core speed higher you'll do better. I think I got around 3700's or so with 550/1215.

Also, what driver version are you running? And how many times have you tried the benchmark? You might try quitting everything you can quit, turn off any virus stuff, etc before running it. A defrag can't hurt, though I'm not sure it will matter much.

How do you like your Kingwin cooler? I like mine, but man is it hard to take off and put on. That clip is incredibly sprung!

your score is great. I got about 3050 with my 9800XT which is just a bit slower than your card.
If you're shocked because of scores >7000 when you compare your card with others: they're using 2 cards in SLI. Your score is fine for a single 6600GT! :)

edit: was too slow

Yeah that seems like a pretty good score for a 6600gt... but wow that's a great AM3 score of 539876! :p

stang8118 said:
Yeah that seems like a pretty good score for a 6600gt... but wow that's a great AM3 score of 539876! :p
well i did the "compare with other users" thing and they had like 6000's with a 6600gt, but maybye i should have looked into it a little more. And i got up to 54500 or so on am3 now!!! fun times!

i have an issue now, the sound output on my motherboard is plugged in to my stereo reciever and the sound comes out like turbo fast now and sounds all smurfish..what could the problem be? even the system windows warnings and stuff are fast, and songs in itunes..i dont know what the problem could be,

The reason other 6600gts are getting 6k+ is because they are running in SLI mode (aka 2 video cards on 1 system).

About your sound issue i would hit up the sound card section, might get better help there :)

Brandontw said:
well i did the "compare with other users" thing and they had like 6000's with a 6600gt, but maybye i should have looked into it a little more. And i got up to 54500 or so on am3 now!!! fun times!

i have an issue now, the sound output on my motherboard is plugged in to my stereo reciever and the sound comes out like turbo fast now and sounds all smurfish..what could the problem be? even the system windows warnings and stuff are fast, and songs in itunes..i dont know what the problem could be,

Best would be to start another thread in the right forum. More members will see it there and you'll recieve help more likely :).

i got 8.5k at stock buahahaha.... then again i was running sli.
i wonder how much difference a 350 core and 550 core would do in sli

well i tweaked some more stuff and got my gpu core up to 587 and got an aquamark score of 58,091 ! i think thats pretty respectable. ill have to download 3dmark again to try it but hopefully i can break 4000. ill bump up my processor a little more too- its only at 2.26

have you tried going higher than 524 on the core? That seems like a pretty low OC. The memory OC is crazy though, what kind of memory chips do you have on that board?

I get slightly lower than 3400 in 3DMark 2k5 with my 6600GT at stock (I can't remember if that was 500/500(1000) or stock for this card, which is 525/525(1050)). Overlcoking to 585/585 makes quite a large difference though, I get close to 3900 at that speed.

Those scores seems about right. With a Pentium 4 running at 3633MHz and a 6600GT AGP running at 630/1238 the highest scores I would get in 3DMark05 are ~4050 points. Keep pushing up the clock speeds and see if you can OC your A64 some too. Also, the 76.10 drivers work wonders for high scores! :thup:

well i oc'ed the a64 to 2.302Ghz and pushed the vid card to 615mhz core/1.04ghz memory and got a 59,548 aquamark3 score, but i lowered the vid card back down to "optimal settings" for daily use, i just dont need it that high, and i imagine it stresses the card. i still cant get 3dmark to download but im still trying, ill let yall know how i do on that once i get it again, not that you care ;)

also, i have an AGP voltage control in my bios, what can i use this for? will raising it allow higher stable overclocks as with a cpu?

If im not mistaken the agp voltage can allow for a higher oc. I'd think it'd make more of a difference if your agp slot isn't locked though. I agree that those scores are about right. Maybe 100-200 points off. I get 3169 at 500/610. Maybe your leaving quality settings on?

it looks about right. My 6800GT scores in the low 5000 at stock. Your card is not too far off from mine.

well, i got 8548 on 3dmark 03, but i cant get 3dmark 05 to run, it says "direct3dcreate 9 failed" so im not sure waht to do about that

Back