• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Chenming made by Antec

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Immortal_Hero

Is Chenming Blue Entry level server with side arcylic window, Model "601AEBL-U-W" -RETAIL the older version of ANTEC Performance Plus Metallic Gray SOHO File Server Case without Power Supply, Model "PlusView1000AMG"? They look exactly the same besides a few appearance things. I it worth the extra for the Antec? I am an Antec freak but I think they are made in the same factory. Any input? All I know is that I am getting tired of my tiny Antec Super Lan Boy. Any other suggestions for a good server sized case?

I believe the Chenming case will be much lighter in weight then the Antec. Its really up to you... the Chenming case is a ripe off of the Antec case.

According to Newegg they are both make of 1mm steal. I will probably go with the Antec anyway but I thought if I could save a littel cash...

Chen Ming is the manufacturer. When you buy one labled Antec you are buying the exact same case, and what you are financing is the higher education of the kids of all those box-handlers that Antec employs. Antec is not a manufacturer, rather a re-seller of products than can be purchased from the real manufacturers for less (sometimes a lot less) if you know the ins and outs of the PC business.

That being said, Antec is a decent company. But once you understand that they aren't really their products anyway you tend to loose your taste for paying their markup. And don't expect a great deal of expertise--when my sister's early Sonata proved to be fitted with a front USB connector incable of USB 2.0 operation, she called to complain. They alternated between blaming her problem on the fact that she is a woman (to the side, thinking she couldn't hear, they didn't have the courage to say it to her face), and saying she didn't have a problem. It was only after she got somewhat perturbed at the treatment that they seriously considered her complaint--and found that her case, and all Sonatas produced to that point--had faulty USB wiring. They eventually sent her a revised USB cable that miraculously fixed the problem that they at first denied existed.

Last edited:
Vio1 said:
I believe the Chenming case will be much lighter in weight then the Antec. Its really up to you... the Chenming case is a ripe off of the Antec case.

Chenming makes all the cases that companies like Chieftec, Antec, and about a half dozen others put their name on and sell them as their own.

Back