• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

$600 for HP DL145 dual with one proc a good price?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You can build one for cheaper and it can still be 1U.

newegg.com should have the stuff you need including the barbones 1U enclosure/motherboard/powersupply (maybe even an optical drive). I've also recently fallen in love with ewiz.com as they have really good prices (better than newegg sometimes and equally respectable). There is also ebay too, and ebay rules for getting good prices.

-Sam

if it comes with HP's support your not gonna even touch that price anywhere else. I'd say that's a great price.

samurai, I'm not sure where you can get a 1U dual opto setup (only proc now) and still be under 600. That's a great price.

opteron is not the good way to go, overclocking is nearly impossible, and it needs registered ram which is uber expensive.

ajrettke said:
if it comes with HP's support your not gonna even touch that price anywhere else.

Nope, he won't. Because if it comes with HP support it's only worth $2. Nobody would get near that high price for HP support. HP recently became the 'IT' people at Ericsson, and tech support became hell. They don't have a clue what they're doing, and as soon as a support ticket gets filed, they mark it solved before even trying to do anything about it.

Back