• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

highest memory speed with 1t ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

slyon

Registered
Hi there,
corsair pc4400c25 or ocz pc4000 vx gold ? ?
I need some opinions on getting memory for my new system.
does anyone know what's the highest mem that can run at 1t ? i saw review on anandtech that the ocz one can only run at 538 with 1t the highest, but corsair can get up to 610 .. what do you think guys ? i am thinking to overclock up to 290fsb if possible ..

another problem is which mobo shoud i get ? dfi sli or gigabyte sli ?
feature: gigabyte on the top
overclock: dfi for sure

i can get gigabyte one for a lot cheaper than the dfi.. what do you guys think ?
from anandtech, gigabyte can only overclock to 230fsb, but some users can easily get up to 275.. i hope you guys can tell me what's the max fsb gigabyte can get to . i think i will be crazy soon if keep researching this ..
i need a mobo when venice come out. :bang head

Hope you guys can give me some idea. thx.

for high memory speed, go with TCCD based memory. UTT is good for tight tight memory timings at good memory speeds, with lots of voltage but not good for high memory speeds regardless of voltage/timings.

DFI SLI, imo. For overclocking, it's hard to not recommend just about any DFI board, period.

what sort of ram is UTT ?
between the ocz and corsair, which one do you think is better ? i want something that can run at high speed at 1t setting.. what do you think ?

hmm, i can't seem to get the dfi at a good price.. plus with less features.. but i do like its uv reactive stuff...

what about if want to run at 1:1 speed ? i am really confused now..coz from reviews, the highest ram that can do it is the corsair one.. 1:1 at 610 if not mistaken..

Back