• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ PSU Problem maybe?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Smokey21

Disabled
Hey guys, ive had my PSU for 2 months about, and i think it's faulty. It's the 520Watt OCZ model, with the new cable design.

It seems to make a ticking noise at load times and stuff. Do you guys think i should apply for a new one, RMA? or shoud i read it with a multi or somet?

ticking noise is not good. Could it be coming from the fan?

Call OCZ and see what they have to say. I'd say RMA but it's good to get other opinions.

The ticking noise is something that has surfaced on a few of the European OCZ models. However, know that there is actually nothing wrong with the unit itself, and it will work fine for many months/years to come. Nonetheless, I'd suggest a simple RMA, as OCZ is very familiar with this situation and will gladly swap the power supply for you.

deception``

deception`` said:
The ticking noise is something that has surfaced on a few of the European OCZ models. However, know that there is actually nothing wrong with the unit itself, and it will work fine for many months/years to come. Nonetheless, I'd suggest a simple RMA, as OCZ is very familiar with this situation and will gladly swap the power supply for you.

deception``

Turns out it's to do with the amount of voltage supplied through the mains in some places in the UK.

Back