• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

quick question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wakeboardin_411

Right now my WC system is setup to cool my cpu. I wanna go further run a series 1 cooling my cpu and 1 cooling memory,nb,videocard. But would it be worth it to have a 3rd pump and hc that just ran water from the res thur the hc back into the res. I'm thinking it'd drop all around temps because dumping heat from 4 sources into 1 res. Would take it's toll the hc can only take so much heat away if heat is dumping in faster than out well u have a problem.

it would help if the rads on each of the other loops couldn't handle their heat load

nb and memory watercooling is wasteful, air does it plenty well enough :)

ya well i figuered kinda a wast just to do my video card plus my nb actually gets hot like it's warming up the motherboard tray more than the cpu is

just get a small chipset fan for it (northbridge) - i got a cheap abit one to put on my DFI board in place of the passive one - definitely keeps temps down & looks pimp too :thup:

Cooling the NB will help with stability issues and definately prolong MB life, I would use some active cooling on the RAM. I will be posting my results on the new Angle Eye Ram Water Blocks, I will test them vs Air, The Block AS IS (Aluminum) and then I will be modifying them by replaceing the Aluminum with copper blocks. I'm trying them out a kicks, they are only $23.00 each at Directron.com, we see if it was a waste of moola !

Back