• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

big bet - help required

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aapc

We have a crazy bet of building the faster machine with AUSD 3000. 3d mark 2005 result decides. We run into trouble with overclocking video. Coolbits lets us run a core at 385 and memory at 1005. Not even 1 MHz over. We stuck on result 8684 and we can't get any further. Any ideas ? We have a match on Sturday so it's only 24 hours left.
Configuration
amd 64 3500+
Gigabyte ga8knxp SLi
2 Gb Corsair RAM 2,2,2,5
2 X leadtek 6800GT 256 on SLI
36 Gb Raptor

:welcome: Good to see a new member on the forums

I'm an ati guy so i have never used coolbits however...
Try postin this in the nvidia sub-section
also to optimize your 3dmark score, you might try the OCForums 3dmark team thread, there goal is to get the highest 3dmark scores possible

Personally I am not a fan of 3dmark 2005, I liked 03 and 01, but 05 performance doesnt seem quite true to games. Personally i would run timedemos in things like farcry, CS:S, and doom 3 and see who gets the higher framerate

I suggest simply using something else to overclock. Recent versions of powerstrip work as does gigabyte's video overclocking tool.

we don't have any additional cooling - even one of the back heatsinks had to be taken off as the leadtek didn't fit SLI. But so far they run under 75 degrees. All we want is reaching the magic 9000

no cheat

can't cheat on CPU - that was a rule. our Ram already running lowest latency - it's corsair XL Pro

Download Nvidia BIOS editor and then change the BIOS timings to the highest stable settings...flash with the new BIOS...then use cool bits to OC from their...

cool bits should give you more options once it sees the new timings..

Back