• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A64 Overclocking newbie...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheCheat

Hey guys,

I've got the following setup...

DFI UT nF3 250 Gb
AMD 3200+ 512kb CBAEC 0421
1 gig of PC3200 corsair value select

I can verify that the value select doesnt like anything over 210 @ 2.7 volts.

So, I've put a 9/10 divider on it and up'd it to 2.420ghz (11*220)(Counter Strike Source Stable, but not prime stable?!?)

I've never delt with Dividers that much and was wondering what kind of effect it has on the A64.

Is there a performence gain by actually getting higher ghz out of the cpu even though the ram isn't running sync?

Also, is this Smart Guardian utility accurate? Because my CPU never goes above 44-45 Degrees Celsius.... nor does it drop either... MBM doesnt support this motherboard... anyone got an alternative?

Using dividers doesn't hurt performance, especially if you up the CPU speed. Ofcourse it limits the memory bandwidth as the RAM still runs at say 210 while the HTT is at 233, but its still better to have a higher clocked chip with lower clocked RAM than run the mem divider and HTT at 1:1 ratio.

Back