• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Blue Screen!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KHF

Hello..I bought a DFI SLI DR last week and got alot problems from it. The main thing is that i recieve alot of restarts and Blue Screens there is a thread in dfi street. someone has the same problem
http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7676
I all setting in bios is default
the newest bios

I have already pluged 4 power connecters in the mobo.
the thing is that it worked fines last two days. but now it is keeping reboot and reboot.

the IRQL screen i've gotten before when using some bad ram timings or OC'ing too far. have your parts passed memtest at your current level? the other errors could be caused by corruption on the hard drive. have you ever done a reinstall on this system?

when I got one pass in the memtest , then I quit. I think the timis setting is auto . so that could not be a problem. I used the sli image controller to run my RAID 0 and I have done 4 or 5 times fresh xp installation. However it is same.. I didnt overclock after i found the max speed of my cpu. so every day I run in defaul speed and default RAM setting.

my guess is your bios isnt configured correctly :)

you should try to manually configure most of your settings in bios. also make sure you have latest and greatest bios available. not all the time a bios will read auto settings correctly..

thx.. Now. I cant even do a installation of XP. it shows blue screen during the installation. .WTF..
I'm gonna manual the bios and install my XP now. if it is still not working, I will refound the MOBO. and get ASUS.. sigh

the mobo is 99.9% not defective - you need to get the dram menu setup just right or it will chuck errors all over the place!!

what ram do you have? sometimes the spd/auto settings are not the best combo...

the dfi board is a double edged sword - in that you can tweak just about every setting and customize everything but that also makes it a total beast to tame but once you figure it all out it will be very rewarding !!

dfi is the board to have .. i wouldnt trade mine for an asus thats for sure..

just go through and check over settings.. someone here will walk you through all settings if need be.. but you must start on one thing at a time..

Xtreme Barton said:
dfi is the board to have .. i wouldnt trade mine for an asus thats for sure..

just go through and check over settings.. someone here will walk you through all settings if need be.. but you must start on one thing at a time..
BIOS SETTINGS:

GENIE

FSB = 240
LTD/FSB = X4.0
16 up/16 down
CPU/FSB Frequency Ratio = 10x
PCI EX Frequency = 100
Cool & Quiet = Disable
CPU Startup VID = 1.450 Volts.
CPU VID = 1.450 Volts.
CPU VID Special Control = 110%
LTD voltage = 1.4 Volts.
Chipset Voltage = 1.8 Volts.
DRAM Voltage = 2.8 Volts.

DRAM CONFIGURATION (From top in order):

DRAM Frequency = 200 1:1
CPC = Enable (what if I disable it )
Tcl = 2.5
Trcd = 03
Tras = 07
Trp = 03
Trc = 07
Trfc = auto
Trrd = 02
Twr = 02
Twtr = 01
Trwt = 02
Tref = 3120
Twcl = auto
Bank Interleave= Disabled

DQS Skew Control= Increase
DQS Skew Value = 0
DRAM Drive Strength = Level 7
DRAM Data Drive Strength = Level 4
MAX ASYNCH LATENCY = 7X (what's this for)
READ PREAMBLE = 5X (what's this for)IDLE CYLCE= 256 cycles
DYNAMIC Counter = Disabled
R/W Que Bypass = 16x
ByPass = Max 7X
32 Byte Granularity = Disable 8 Bursts.

I spend a whold day to install my system, finally it's done. above which is the setting I am using.

KHF said:
thx.. Now. I cant even do a installation of XP. it shows blue screen during the installation. .WTF..
I'm gonna manual the bios and install my XP now. if it is still not working, I will refound the MOBO. and get ASUS.. sigh

that happend to me a few times then i gave it more 1.5 vcore 2.9 vdim and never had the problem again
do you have a newcastle or winnie?

Bad_pool_header

I was running my 3200+ winnie at 2.71ghz From the starter, Randomly recieved blue screens of death. I set the clock back to stock same issues, reinstalled xp but still got them. (BAD_POOL_HEADER) updated bios to 4/14 Okskar Wu, Installed windows 2000 this time, auto-reboot randomly. Currently the cpu is at 24C - PWM 43C - Chipset 44C 1.4Vcore,Dram 2.6V. Running the latest DFI drivers 6.39, Latest Catalyst drivers for my ati asus x300, i will list my current memory settings (SPD)

Memory is Mushkin pc3500 2-3-3 2x512

CAS Latency (Tcl) 2.0
Row Cycle Time (Trc) 7
Row Refresh Cycle Time (Trfc) 14
RAS to Cas Delay (Trcd) 3
RAS to RAS delay (Trrd) 2
Min Ras Active Time (Tras) 6
Row Precharge Time (Trp) 3
Write Recovery Time (Twr) 2
Write to Read Delay Time (Twtr) 2
Read to Write Delay Time (Trtw) 3
Refresh Rate (Tref) 200Mhz 15.6us

Config Parameters -
Read Write Queue Bypass : 16x
Controller Mode : 128 bit
ECC Mode : Disable
2T Timing : Disable
Bypass Max : 7x
Max Async Latency : 6ns
Read Preamble : 5.0ns
Idle Cycle Limit : 256clks
Dynamic Idle Cycle Counter: disable
MEMCLK Frequency: 200
MEM CLK 0-3: Enable

Link Parameters -

Link Freq: 5.0x
CRC Flood: Disable
Stop Tristate: Disable
Ext Control Time: disable
Width In: 16bits
Width out: 16bits
Req Buf Cnt: 9
Posted Req Buf Cnt: 6
Resp Buf Cnt: 1
Probe Buf Cnt: 0
Req Data Buf Cnt: 1
Posted Req Data Buf Cnt: 6
Response Data Buf Cnt: 1

Any Input would be highly Appreciated, I can be reached on Aim.

Back