• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help me with OC my P2.4B

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dusan

Registered
Hi!

I am running stable on 10% automatic increase.
this is 147Mhz x 18 = 2646, v1.568

20% is a crash i cannot get into win

manual oc over 147Mhz with the same v-on auto (cpu-z v1.568 detected), i presume is a nonstable:
my onboard sound is not detected and when I try to run a dvix is playing like in slowmotion

I tried also to put a manual voltage to 1.575 and 150Mhz and the copm would not even display a nvidia card the first thing that is displayed. I had to clear cmos.

o i have to tell that my psu is 300w only
and my 6600gt is not oc

any sugestion?

yes it has this option
no I did not tuch that thing couse i did not know what it means

There r 3 differet frequencies, right now i do not know witch
what frequecy should it be there?

tnx for helping

nice
it seems that everything is alright now

there is also next level 75/... when should i use this one?

I am running at 147hz now. Also played far cry no problems. very nice. tnx for this info.
What do u think, how much can i oc my cpu. I need my comp 24h a day, nad cooling zalman 7700cu.
I also have tried to go to voltage 1.575 but it freezes befor loding the video card info.

adition: i have been googling and it was written in some answers that if i lock 66/33 i am not going to be able to oc my 6600gt?

anyway tnx a lot

Last edited:
u dont - PCI /AGP shoudl always be 66/33 - otherwise u are overlcokin your AGP and PCI bus and this can cause harddrive corruption and other problems as you experienced.

Are you familiar with Prime95 ?

And no, google answre u got ar wrong - overclocking your video card has NOTHING to do with overclocking your AGP bus

when you overclock your video card you over clock the core and memory directly ON your video card.

Ok I understand now, tnx

yesterday I was reading the post of northwood suden death- on this forum
people were oc cpu voltage also over 1.7v and to 1.85v

isn`t this a bit too much, couse I oc to 150hz= 2.7ghz on stock and teperature did not rise on load over 42 degres. On same voltage. ( cpuz reading 1.568v, in bios is quite the same)
Is that true that just rising the bus speed also is cuting life of cpu. Reading the posts on this forum it seem to me that rising voltage have a greater impact on cpu life time. Is it?
What do u think if I go higher the motherboard is going to rise voltage itself or
it will begin to crash first. Are there some safety things on motherboard that prevent from rising voltage over 1.568 when on auto?

I have bought zalman 7700cu, now that I know much more about oc, tnx to u.
I am going to mount it today and tried to oc more.

Last edited:
yes - i say stay below 1.65 v on a northwood to keep it safe and happy - and if u do have the voltage up there - be sure to have good cooling and not using stock cooling.

Doing any type of o/C can lower your CPU;s life span, but by the time the CPU "would" die from an average overclock - you will liekly be buying a new one anyways - i think it is around 5 years or so an o/c'd CPU will last if done properly.

The more voltage u do put in it over a safe level - yes, you can fry the cpu really quick - so try to keep it below 1.65 if u can - my 3.0C i had which i got to 4ghz i had to put i think 1.72volts into it to get that fast - but i could run it on stock around 3.7 so i left it on stock :D

That heatsink should help nicely - the cooler you can keep your chip definetly the better it will be off.

Did you b uy some artic silver 5 thermale paste to apply ?

Are there some safety things on motherboard that prevent from rising voltage over 1.568 when on auto?

Nope. the only thing in place is on your CPU - i think it has it, called thermale throttling which if the temp on your CPU goes to high, it will cut down on speed - but i am not sure if your CPU has that.

I installed it today.
I put up a termal paste that was in the package with the cooler zalman. Hope is a good one? Should I buy this arctic termal paste too?

Well i can say that the temp are lower on idle only 2-3 degrese celsius. I expected more. On sloweest mode possible. On load it was 39 celsius, on max cooling 36. (no oc cpu)
Is this a normal decrease of temp?
What is MB temperature? I can see that it is 1 or 2 degrees higher now, how is this possible. ? Before it was arround 27-28, now is 29 constant.
The best of this cooler is that now i can hear only my disc working.

Is it possible that i have put too much this termal paste? I put it all over the cpu and when I put the zalman on i rotated the cooler on cpu to get the best contact. It is surely fixed on.

I put zalman on my 6600gt too-and temp there r lower 6-7 celsius on lower speed possible also non audible. The stock cooling compared to this one is incredibly loud.

I have been also oc my cpu on this new cooling, but when i put to 155mhz it boots to win, but after trying 3dmark03 it rebooted itself. What was the problem too low voltage becouse of my 300w psu?

Damn how many problems i have encounterd when decided to oc.

Please tell me also what r this function for in bios:
1. MPS Revision is set to 1.1 and it is also 1.4
2. MAX CPUID volve limit is disabled

Mr.Guvernment tnx for helping me

Last edited:
Thats very nice I want to reach the same clock u have
I hope I`ll make it
What r yours temp?

do u think that my 300w psu is causing this problems = reset
i tried 155mhz on 1.568v but it crashed when running 3dmark03
do u think I have to rise my voltage? It was stable on 150

what r your experiences can u tell me please

Hi there

i see you are running two makes of memory... that may be the prob why it locks up ...you could do with a more voltage psu go for a brand name for a stable system...

My temp are 40oc - 41oc idle and 53oc on load with games ect

You will get there

Good luck

Funkyoneboy :beer:

ok tnx funkyone

I have to try with more voltage, tomorrow
I will post if there r any other problems.

Back