• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

We're being robbed!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FloridaBear

OK, perhaps someone can solve this mystery for me. I copied and pasted the SETI@Work stats for both Overclockers and L'Alliance Francophobe (Ars Technica is not one of the teams on SETI@Work) into a spreadsheet. This wasn't that easy for Francophobe, considering that they have 690 members!

There are some interesting credit "anomolies" that I found--mainly that the credits appear to be significantly understated by Berkeley stats when compared to SETI@Work's stats. Here's what I found:
Code:
                              Berkeley          SETI@Work
Overclockers                  10,608,460        11,724,571
L'Alliance Francophobe        11,361,635        11,857,965
Difference                       753,175           133,394

This is quite significant, since it appears that Overclockers is being "robbed" of much more credit than Francophobe. More significantly, by SETI@Work's numbers, we will actually be passing them in about 13 days.

I have never known SETI@Work to report more credits than I have actually done, and believe me, I have checked it a LOT. :D

The only plausible explanation I can think of is that Berkeley's stats are not including team members with a RAC of 0, even though they may have generated significant credit.

The other thing I found is that the RAC is vastly understated (still). Our "real" daily average credit is about 82,000...this is calculated from our last week's total. Francophobe's RAC is about 72,000, so that gives us 13 days to overtake based on the S@W numbers.

This may actually put us at the #8 or #7 position already; I cannot determine this since SETI@work does not report on Ars Technica or Knights who say "Ni".

In any case, the difference in these numbers is disappointing. It is not simply due to "hourly" vs. "daily", as the understatement for our team amounts to over a million credits--that's many days' work.

Explanations or even guesses would be welcome!

Well for the team totals you could be seeing a difference because some of our members may have joined after crunching units already before joining our team.

With BOINC, If I crunched 1000 credits, joined a team, crunched 9000 more credits, my total would show 10,000, but the team would only get 9000 of those towards its total I believe.

Thats the only thing I can think of to explain it besides Berkelys stats being behind.

Well, RIC just joined up with us you know... and he had... alot... of credits on his account previously. about 550,000 if i remember correctly.

That might be why?

Back