• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
thx hmm and another thing im using a mid tower case is there anyway i can put the res and pump outside without affecting performance too much?

erm i cant find the fan for cool guys :bang head
im thinking about buying fan filters for my res any cheap placed to get thoes?

edit: how about the Swiftech MCP-650 In-Line Water Pump

Last edited:
how about the Eheim 1250 pump i think the gpu for that is higher with just 5 more db i think
help anyone?

Last edited:
Well asking the same question over and over isnt going to get people to reply any faster.

Pump: The 350 is considerably quiter than the 650 and gives similiar performace, certainly enough for most setups. The Eheim is a very good pump but no better than the 350, the 350 is a very good pump. The Sticky with the best components listed agrees with me on this one. GPU is not the only thing to consider when looking at Pump specs, the figure provided is for no resistance, there is considerable resistance and distance in a Watercooling loop, often against gravity. So Pressure, rated in ft as head should be considered. The 350 has around 13ft head which is very good. The best price that I have found (I am about to buy this pump aswell) is the $69.99 at CrazyPC.

If you want to save some money on the Rad, as sunrunner20 said, get a Heatercore. A Dual Heatercore is usually plenty of heat dissapating power for any loop. But that is the lowest price I could find.

Are you good at making things or modding cases, if so there are ways you can fit your components in. What Case are you using?

With this setup are you aiming for the highest overclock, silence, or a bit of both? What components are you cooling?

Edit: Why would you want fan filters for a Res?

Well, wouldint dual heatcores lower the flow rate for the loop itself? For modding the case case, i fixed that problem the other day. My aim is for high oc and yet silent. the reason I wanted fan filters on a res cause im to lazy to clean it

A Heatercore would not lower the flow rate significantly when compared to a BIX or similiar, infact a BIX impeads the flow more. (Or so the Sticky says, I reccomend reading it) They are designed for the same job as watercooling ones, just used in cars. But if you are going for silence I would not reccommend getting a Heatercore or a BIX. They are much thicker and require greater airflow for effective cooling. The best performing radiator for silence is the BIP series. These still have great cooling performance and work well even with low CFM fans.

The 350 is the best pump for silent cooling aswell. I don't really understand how fan filters would work with a Reservoir but I'll take your word for it.

How did you solve the problem for modding the case?

You can save money once you get access to the classifieds as people often sell good used stuff. That is a good way to find things and save some money if you are on a tight budget. I am about to sell a 1 1/2 mo old Swiftech MCP650, dual heatercore, a Swiftech 676 rad, and 120mm Delta fans (all barely used). You can PM me if you are interested in any of them.

hmm thanks well im going to buy my watercooling parts asap ill post pictures here when i get it. Thanks again

Back