• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

hangs BIG time on startup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DSM4Life

Ok this is what happend, i shut PC down. Some nights not all the time but when i start it up i have a problem. This is what it does. It will run through its check then when it gets to the pic i posted it hangs, now if i leave it alone , it will reboot itself after time, hang again reboot then the third time it will hang but then start windows ???? Why the #$@@# would it do this ???

Attachments

• pic00.jpg
    pic00.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 238
Start menu -> Run -> eventvwr.msc

Check out the systems tab, and look at what might be causing errors. When i had a very similiar problem it would say which actual driver caused it to hang on boot. After you find out whats causing it to hang, either re-install that driver, or remove it if its not required.

Product: Windows Operating System
ID: 4226
Source: Tcpip
Version: 5.2
Symbolic Name: EVENT_TCPIP_TCP_CONNECT_LIMIT_REACHED
Message: TCP/IP has reached the security limit imposed on the number of concurrent (incomplete) TCP connect attempts.

Details
Product: Windows Operating System
ID: 4226
Source: Tcpip
Version: 5.2
Symbolic Name: EVENT_TCPIP_TCP_CONNECT_LIMIT_REACHED
Message: TCP/IP has reached the security limit imposed on the number of concurrent (incomplete) TCP connect attempts.

Explanation
The TCP/IP stack in Windows XP with Service Pack 2 (SP2) installed limits the number of concurrent, incomplete outbound TCP connection attempts. When the limit is reached, subsequent connection attempts are put in a queue and resolved at a fixed rate so that there are only a limited number of connections in the incomplete state. During normal operation, when programs are connecting to available hosts at valid IP addresses, no limit is imposed on the number of connections in the incomplete state. When the number of incomplete connections exceeds the limit, for example, as a result of programs connecting to IP addresses that are not valid, connection-rate limitations are invoked, and this event is logged.

Establishing connection–rate limitations helps to limit the speed at which malicious programs, such as viruses and worms, spread to uninfected computers. Malicious programs often attempt to reach uninfected computers by opening simultaneous connections to random IP addresses. Most of these random addresses result in failed connections, so a burst of such activity on a computer is a signal that it may have been infected by a malicious program.

Connection-rate limitations may cause certain security tools, such as port scanners, to run more slowly.

User Action
This event is a warning that a malicious program or a virus might be running on the system. To troubleshoot the issue, find the program that is responsible for the failing connection attempts and, if the program might be malicious, close the program as follows.

To close the program

At the command prompt, type
Netstat –no
Find the process with a large number of open connections that are not yet established.
These connections are indicated by the TCP state SYN_SEND in the State column of the Active Connections information.
Note the process identification number (PID) of the process in the PID column.
Press CTRL+ALT+DELETE and then click Task Manager.
On the Processes tab, select the processes with the matching PID, and then click End Process.
If you need to select the option to view the PID for processes, on the View menu, click Select Columns, select the PID (Process Identifier) check box, and then click OK.

which i did but they are fine now , who knows when i go to reboot thought

Last edited:
It sounds like you have to many processes attempting to access the internet at the startup. Maybe you have a trojan horse??...

Windows boots more then 3 times before it starts somtimes for like an hr till it reloads ??? I cant figure this out i been trying everything.
Also i dont seem to get them TCP errors anymore
more on errors :

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7026
Date: 4/4/2005
Time: 8:32:41 PM
User: N/A
Computer: GHOST
Description:
The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
AFD
AmdK8
Fips
IPSec
MRxSmb
NetBIOS
NetBT
RasAcd
Rdbss
Tcpip

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event ID: 7001
Time: 11:20:39 PM
User: N/A
Description:
The IPSEC Services service depends on the IPSEC driver service which failed to start because of the following error:
A device attached to the system is not functioning.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Event Source: DCOM
Event ID: 10005
Time: 11:28:34 PM
User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Description:
DCOM got error "This service cannot be started in Safe Mode " attempting to start the service EventSystem with arguments "" in order to run the server:
{1BE1F766-5536-11D1-B726-00C04FB926AF}

Last edited:
This is just shooting in the dark, but you might try to find a newer driver for your NIC. I had a similar problem before and it happened that my NIC was actually bad. Give it a shot, it can't hurt to have the latest drivers. Hope it helps ya, I feel your pain in this matter.

Miralcos said:
This is just shooting in the dark, but you might try to find a newer driver for your NIC. I had a similar problem before and it happened that my NIC was actually bad. Give it a shot, it can't hurt to have the latest drivers. Hope it helps ya, I feel your pain in this matter.

Im sorry what do you mean by the NIC ?

I deleted SP2 so i am working with SP1 and i have about five more updates to do. I do a sys store porint before each download then reboot to see which one is the problem. You have no clue what i been going through. SP2 i hope you die

Back