• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

duron 750 probz ... some help plz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

i12bina3

some new probz with my duron 750
it runs at 845 (113*7.5) and it runs stable and not hot ... but everytime i want to go to 850 ... i can get into win2k and do all the stuff i want but when i use my cpu to the fulles ... cpuburn, cs, ... and i stop the task, my pc locks
any idea what i should do?

duron 750 @ 1.65vcore
abit kt7e
thx

no i tried that doesnt make any difference ... even if i put it at the highest ... could it be my duron that just doenst want to go higher? it would be strange i only boosted it for 100mhz ... i want to hit 900

unlock it and try lower multipliers with higher fsb 900 should be doable no problem at default voltage. which mobo you using?

no i have tried a dozen times to unlock my cpu no luck what so ever .... even underclocking doesnt seem to work ... so the only thing i can do is increase or decrease my fsb ... and i cant seem to get it over 113
my mobo is a abit KT7E

i12bina3 said:
no i have tried a dozen times to unlock my cpu no luck what so ever .... even underclocking doesnt seem to work ... so the only thing i can do is increase or decrease my fsb ... and i cant seem to get it over 113
my mobo is a abit KT7E

from i have read the kt7e doesnt officially support 133fsb but many reported it's possible to go over......
maybe you should try rubbing off the pencil marks get use maybe rear windows defog repair kit or electric conductive pen(i cant remember what it's called but it's something liek that) to cross the bridges

some motherboards like a clear signal going through the L1s

jeff(.. AE 86 ..)
and my duron 600 CAN run 1ghz (7.5x133) but it's now placed in my sister's room which is hot and the case only have like 2 fans...
i can only get 866 stable without any crashes

my dead duron 750 could also do 1ghz....(7.5x133 again) but i chipped the core too much and it just died

Does your mobo support 266fsb CPU´s? if your mobo supprts that kind of processors, your CPU isn´t still unlocked.
Try to unlock it , linking the L1 brigdes, but be careful, don´t link the wrong bridges.
L1= .:::: (locked)
L1=.|||| (after pencil tip, unlocked)

people ... i told you all a dozen times ... i just cant seem to get my bridges fixed ... and in belgium i cant seem to find any of the stuff that is very good to unlock my cpu ... so i can only OC my fsb ... but do you think 113 is the max for my duron ... i hope not
plz help
increasing voltage doesnt seem to do anything

Go here and order the CW2200MTP. It's worth your time to order one of these & even if you pay double the cost & use it only one time:cool:. Can you make a detailed sig for us?

i12bina3 said:
people ... i told you all a dozen times ... i just cant seem to get my bridges fixed ... and in belgium i cant seem to find any of the stuff that is very good to unlock my cpu ... so i can only OC my fsb ... but do you think 113 is the max for my duron ... i hope not
plz help
increasing voltage doesnt seem to do anything
I'd say that the 113 would likely be the limit of some other part in your system before the Duron. Although I dont know for sure, what you could do is remove all but the bare essentials from your computer and see if you could get above 113 mhz.

the chipset can go higher does anybody know when teh 1/4 starts with this chipset? I am guess about 125 or so! try 7.5x125 and if it works you got 937 if it don't I think you should use a pencil and close the L1's! I know you said you did it 12times but it only take one correct try and should last for a long time if done properly.

can you explain me why i should go to 125?
btw i dont think there is any problem with any of my components in my rig that causes the lock up ... but if i have some time ill try doing something about that and test it

ok i tried going to 125 ... had to clear my CMOS it simply didnt boot
any other ideas?
btw i upped my fsb while not affecting my mhz on my pci bus
or is this totally wrong?

ok im just wondering.........
when u unlock do you have to change which jumpers i bridge everytime i want a new multiplier?
or once unlocked its all in the bios?

W2k might be your problem

Hey, I use windows 2000 also, and I find that it is very picky about overclocking, which totally bites, cause it is such a better operating system than 98, but my athlon 1.33ghz cant get better than 1496mhz on win2k with a FOP38 and completely modded case with many fans. in 98 i can get quite a bit higher, but win2k seems to be the only factor that holds me back.

tell me if u think im crazy... or if i need to change a setting in W2k to get it to overclock better.

Back