• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which notebook wireles card? Any suggestions?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ocean

I was just issued a Compaq Evo N800c At Work. It needs wireless connectivity.
OS is windows 2000 PRO.
I would like to get a card with an external antenna conector.
Any suggestions?
Thanks. :cool:

Thanks for the reply!
That one seems to have a proprietary connector.
Do you know for a fact that it works w/win2000pro?
Thanks

Last edited:
I was just looking for SUGGESTIONS based on other's experience which I thought was was one thing these forums are for.

I do my research before coming here.
As I said, I need a card to work with win2000 pro and it must have an external connector.

Ocean,

The orinoco card has already been mentioned and I have an SMC card that has an external connector. I just have not kept up on them lately. I think if I am not mistaken that they do not make 802.11 G cards with an External connector so you would be stuck with an 802.11 b card. A better place to search would be the http://forums.netstumbler.com/index.php?s= because they have lots of info on the cards you seek.

Kendan said:
He has a laptop.

whoops :bang head I guess I figured it was a desktop since he asked for a card with an external antenna. I would think that kind of card on a laptop would get in the way

deez said:
whoops :bang head I guess I figured it was a desktop since he asked for a card with an external antenna. I would think that kind of card on a laptop would get in the way

He wants a card with an external antenna connecter which means he can hook an external antenna up to it when he wants to, but most still have an antenna on the card. For example my SMC has an antenna on it that you can pull off to reveal an external connecter.

Back