• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS A7V-133 good for OC?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The Coolest

Is this mobo any good for OC? I just know that when a boot fails it loads into BIOS with default settings like: FSB @ 100Mhz and the multiplier @ what set on mobo jumpers... I think that this is pretty good. I already got to 1330MHz stable with it...

What do u guys think?

The A7V133 (not the original A7V!) is one of the best KT133A based motherboards for overclocking available. I have one and have had very good results with several CPU's on this board, from a DURON 600 @ 1130MHz to an AXIA 1G @ 1.4G, with similar results from other CPU's. I'm sure that I could have gotten higher with better choices in my periphials.

As much as I like this board, I must admit that there are other choices that offer as good and even better results. Motherboards from EPOX and ABIT as well as others can give similar results.

IMO, you can't go wrong with the ASUS A7V133.

My .02

Back