• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Samsung 710N-2 settings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blueswitch

Hey all, I just got my 710N-2 in yesterday....adn I love it but what brightness contrast, sharpness, color settings are you guys using? Trying to get it to look it's best.

Hit the Auto button. After that just adjust the light levels. As for windows use the native screen size. The Hz speed should be at 60Hz as anything higher tends to hurt your eyes and use ClearType. I find the fonts to be too small at the native res so I make them bigger, but my brother likes them smaller with his 20/20 vision.

i just bout the same monitor, i think, just without the 2 at the end, and it is too bright in my opinion. right now i have brightness/contrast at 20ish/20ish repectively.

thenerd said:
i just bout the same monitor, i think, just without the 2 at the end, and it is too bright in my opinion. right now i have brightness/contrast at 20ish/20ish repectively.

yeah it does tend to be alittle bright...although I hear all LCD's are, thats just a nature of the technology right now. You need to crank up your contrast so you get good color seperation. Mines at 100...maybe Im alittle high on that setting but I remember a setup guide for my CRT that said crank contrast to 100 since you want the best color seperation. BTW Everquest 2 the speel effects and particles just seem alot more spectacualr on this monitor than my CRT...and if you have farcry load that up since it uses alot of bright colors....it looks amazing on this.

whatever, i just returned my 710N because the dell 1704FPT is a better deal ($20canadian more but with dvi, usb, REAL stand, and only difference is it has 500:1 instead of 600:1)

right now i'm back on my 19" crt, and for some odd reason, it feels better on my eyes than the 710N has for 2 days.

I saw on Tom's Hardware that the new LCD's are going to be using LED's for the back lighting for a truer more even lighting of the LCD matrix. Of course it will be really expensive for the first wave because it will be on highend panels but maybe by 2006 it will be affordable.

Back