• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

best agp socket 939 mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sean478

hi my friend is thinking about a a64 (939) and he cant go to pcie cause he just baught a x800 xtpe agp so what is the best mobo for agp or agp+pcie (vias new chipset) that suports socket 939

thanks for the help guys

Well, I have the msi, but I wouldn't suggest anyone buy one. If I could make this choice again I'd get one ot the 2 Epox boards.

Here is a link to the 2 boards I mentioned. They both use the nf3 ultra chipset.
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduct.asp?submit=property&DEPA=1
Overclocking is a crap shoot and a lot depends on the individual board that you get. Someone else can get a Gigabyte or an MSI and overclock higher if they are lucky with the board they purchased, but odds wise I think they are the best with the Epox. Thet certainly have better bios support. One thing they dob't have is the ability to use the OCZ booster, so if you had any plans of using that then they are not a good choice. My board will not hit 300fsb and many Epox boards will. Please don't go on my opinion as there are many other ones out there. I can only tell you mine. Good luck with whatever you choose.

thanks for the help does anyone else have an opinion im looking for the best performing mobo w/939 ang agp links to benchies would be nice

ps. rseven the linky is bad can u fix thanks :p

Mate,

I wouldn't hesistate to say that the ASUS A8V Deluxe (Rev 2.00) is an excellent, solid choice. That's the board I'm using ATM and it has given me no problems so far! Initially ASUS had few problems with the BIOS, but their latest ones since 1009 have been excellent. (These problems only affected the 90nm Winchesters, infact all MoBo makers had these problems).

Super Nade said:
Mate,

I wouldn't hesistate to say that the ASUS A8V Deluxe (Rev 2.00) is an excellent, solid choice. That's the board I'm using ATM and it has given me no problems so far! Initially ASUS had few problems with the BIOS, but their latest ones since 1009 have been excellent. (These problems only affected the 90nm Winchesters, infact all MoBo makers had these problems).
thanks the thing im lookingfor is the best performing one (benchie links would be great)cause i cant find any i was looking at the a8v before i made this thread but couldentfigureout how well it stacked up in performance to other s939 mobos does any one know of some benchie sites that compair s939 w/ agp mobos the only thing i could find is 939 pcie mobos :shrug:

sean478 said:
thanks those mobos look awsum do u know how good they perform compaired to the other agp s939 mobos out there?
Well, I do not have any first hand knowlege as I have the MSI, but I would suggest you look over the Epox board here at the this forum. I have seen people reporting fsb's of 350 over there.
Also here is an older link that talks about the pros and cons of various nf3 939 boards.
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=46730
Good luck with it.

No offense man but proofread what you type, its a pain in the *** to read what you type. And you dont need to mention "benchies would be nice" on every post. Every single board with 939 will perform well I can guarantee you. There might be slight differences, but if you are looking for an agp board I would suggest epox as they still seem to a be a solid board

FyreDaug said:
No offense man but proofread what you type, its a pain in the *** to read what you type. And you dont need to mention "benchies would be nice" on every post. Every single board with 939 will perform well I can guarantee you. There might be slight differences, but if you are looking for an agp board I would suggest epox as they still seem to a be a solid board
if u have to criticise my typeing u could atleast do it in a personal message
thanks for the sugestions guys it looks like asus or epox to me and i think im gonna sugest the a8v to my friend cause ive had better bios/driver suport on asus boards in the past thanks

Back