• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ATI Radeon 8500le vmod/vgpu mod needed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

illogical06

Sounds simple...But all the guides i've found have different pcb's then mind. I have the card FROM ati themselves so if you've done this mod or can find a link please help me out.

I want to mod this card for practice before modding my 9600xt. I have a great guide for my 9600xt but most pic's and alot of links for the 8500le are broken. All the pic's i have found don't apply to my card.

There is a Richtek RT9173A and i'm wondering if this is the voltage regulator
for the gpu or ram

Here is a spec sheet
http://www.richtek.com/Application/Docs/DS9173A-14(1).pdf

Last edited:
Can you link the guides that you've found to be incompatible so far? The one that comes to my mind is this one but I don't know if you've already looked into that one or not.

Thx eobard!!! In an effort to find the mod's i've already seen to show you the different pcb, i found one that will work!!! Irony... check it out http://www.jjman.org/modules/sections/index.php?op=viewarticle&artid=17
He says that soldering didnt work for him though...thats the whole point of doin this, i simply want to confirm that i CAN do it before screwing with my 9600xt which will be more stressfull plus i will have to remove the ati silencer.

Edit: My main problem is that i have a 10k ohm resistor that is either on or off....single turn....can i use it at all?

Wow...my card IS made by SAPPHIRE....i need to get my facts straight.

Last edited:
SUCCESS!!! I've successfully vmodded the vcore from 1.62 to 1.67. Unfortunately i only have a one switch variable resistor (not much of a variance huh) so its @ full resistance. It wouldnt boot vice versa, actually the resistor isnt marked at all so i accidentally booted like that at first...poor product really.

I want to do the vmem too but that one i'm not sure about. The vdimm mod in the guide is for a 64 meg version as opposed to my 128. Where they show the points on the back of the pcb, mine has a little component there and i'm not sure if his does...cuz i can't really see that well.

I'm still not ready to mod my 9600xt but damn closer i must say...MY FIRST VOLT MOD!!! I'm friggin happy. Tommorrow, i'm goin to get the good pots and redue this mod and have before and after oc's to see the difference.

I still want the vdimm mod to happen but if not then i can deal with it.

Edit: This is more like a documentary then an actual thread lol...

Last edited:
Back