• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7 vs. NF7-S2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

squasher

Right now I am looking at the NF7 just the NF7 not v2 or whatever, then at zzf i see that the NF7-S2 is cheaper (not much $3) and it has support for sata and raid. Which should i get?

The Nf7-Sv2 is the board you want. DO NOT GET THE Nf7-S2! You cannot overclock it. The Nf7-Sv2 has SATA and RAID. Just pay the price and get the Nf7-S v2, not the S2.

The NF7-S2 is a "discount" version of the NF7-S board. It might be fine for a "joe sixpack" rig, but I'd never use one. If you were to ask at the ABIT Forum, I'd say the same thing there, and I am a Moderator there. In fact, the Admin, "ABIT Marketing," has posted the same thing there. (He's also a member here.)

The NF7-S v2.0 is (in my never to be humble opinion) the BEST socket A board around. Bar none!

steve

If you are going to buy a socket a motherboard in this day in age, do not go with anything less than the NF7-S V2.
Last I checked, you can find a new V2 for about $75 and an Nf7/NF7S for about $60.
Trust me, it is not something to save an extra $15 for.
Unless it has been changed, the V2 has the Ultra400 northbridge and the MCP2-T southbridge as opposed to the NForce2-SPP northbridge and MCP2 that the NF7 has. In short, the V2 is a much better board for overclocking than the NF7.

Back