• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WinXP "Super" Disk?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PCGUY112887

Right now I have my Windows XP ISO that I used to slipstream SP2 onto. I am probally going to be formatting again here soon, and was wondering if there were any type of "tweaks" or anything I could do to it that would effect it once it's installed?

For example... if I used nLight, I can remove all kinds of un-needed things from windows. But this is the only kind of "tweak" I can think of doing.

Anyone have any other ideas?

search the frontpage forum they had a nice slipstream article on the frontpage that had tons of good ideas.

telexen, nLite does the whole unattended install... it actually does a lot more than I thought it would.

I'll search the front page when I get home.

If you are doing any registry hacking during setup, here is one of my smaller lists of little tweaks I like. Take what you want...

O yeah... I use these hacks and they work for me. I am not liable if they mess your computer up.

EDIT... added to text file...

Attachments

• reg.txt
    9.9 KB · Views: 306
Last edited:
dark_15 said:
If you are doing any registry hacking during setup, here is one of my smaller lists of little tweaks I like. Take what you want...

O yeah... I use these hacks and they work for me. I am not liable if they mess your computer up. EDIT... added to text file...

Here's a helpful hack I found.

I use the Disk Clean-up quite often cuz I program in ASP and need to clear out all my caches.... But when you use the Disk Clean-up it always takes forever cuz it "scans for compress old files"
I used this registry hack I got in Maxium PC to remove that scan, and it works AWSOME... :clap:

:to activate this helpful tweak, just delete the Compres Old Files folder from the below location:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\VolumeCaches

Now whenever you use Disk Clean-up, its so fast... :clap:

Found the thread and updated the text file. Have fun everyone!

Diccecca: most do... and I think I have them all labeled which ones only work in XP or 2k. If I missed one, please let me know!

It seems that nLite isn't even compatible with Windows 2000.

Because it always refuses to continue with a file missing error message.

Only was able to use it with Windows XP, thus only usable with Windows XP. :(

The above probably is caused by a major bug.

Until the author of nLite updates it, even when it's supposed to 100 percent support Windows 2000, it's only compatible with Windows XP.

Sorry Windows 2000 users.

yeah nlite is the easiet way to slipstrim a service pack. But is their a way I can install drivers(forceware/catalyst) as well durring an unattended install?

Back