• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dual CPus which motherboard..?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

imposter

im thinking of either Dual A64s or XPs depending on how much $$ i have... any one know of a good mobo that supporsts dual A64s or Dual Xps

imposter said:
im thinking of either Dual A64s or XPs depending on how much $$ i have... any one know of a good mobo that supporsts dual A64s or Dual Xps

Go over to the SMP forums. Maybe a mod will transfer this thread there for ya.

Also, 2cpu.com is a good resource.

AMD Dual CPU mobos - get one based on the AMD 760MPX chipset not the older AMD 760MP chipset. These are dual XP/MP boards. AthlonXPs require a simple mod to run in SMP.

• K7D Master (what I have) has multiplier adjustment up to 12.5x, Vcore adjustment, FSB adjustment up to 150MHz but only a 1/4 divider so over 140MHz can be hard.
  • Asus A7M266-D allows seperate Vcore adjustments for each CPU (I think) and FSB up to 150MHz but no multiplier adjusments.
  • Iwill MPX allows adjusting Vcore and FSB up to 200Mhz, but again only a 1/4 divider.
  • Tyan S2462 (not the 2460, as the 2460 is MP not MPx) has no overclocking options
  • Gigabyte do one as well but cant remember the model number or what OCing options it has.

As for dual 64bit CPUs your only options are dual 2xx Opterons on a dual socket 940 board like the MSI K8T.

Back