• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BFG 6800 GT*Please read*

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mhypertext

After reading all the reviews and tossing and turning at night i am going to with this card

for the simple fact that i have a BFG 5200 ultra right now that runs 340/725 like a champ so i know they overclock well

will the BFG do 1200 with stock volts or is there some kind of volt mod

Last edited:
Fireball_dbz said:
maybe its 3d mark score

in what? 3dmark20? nah me thinks that's a memory frequency, as in 1200 MHz. I don't know for sure MHypertext, but if you do consider volt-modding it, I'd recommed a different cooler than the stock. I personally am unable to because the stock cooler, however pretty it may be, is a pile of dung. it wasn't at first but I think it may have gotten unseated slightly during shipment, but now I'm getting 59 C at idle. pretty ridiculous if you ask me. i'm probably gonna try reseating it for now and adding some AS5, but in the short-to-long term I'm gonna probably pick up one of those Zalman VF700-Cu Coolers.

yeah i am talking mem frequency.........
the card i am buying comes with an NV5 cooler....

i really just want to run it at 400/1000

1200 on stock volts may be pushing it - my cards on stock volts seem to fall in the 1130 to 1180 range......i am debating editing their bios and giving them 1.4v...

one card will do 460 on the core and the other 438 (coolbits detected) im hoping for 450/1200 when its all said and done

Back