• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Remember that Logitech KB/Mouse give away?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tismedt

Shadow ÒÓ's after me!!!
It was Christmas of 03 As I remember and logitech was the # 1 Seller for that year. As a thank you to the public they gave away about 5000 wireless KB mouse combos. Well I was lucky enough to get one of those 5000 and I have really enjoyed the KB/Mouse combo, no I loved it. Not only was it free (didnt even pay for shipping) but it was a quality set. Well yesterday morning it finally happened. The dreaded cup of coffee spilt onto the keyboard rendering it useless. Oh I tried in vain to save it with cpr via a hair dryer and even took the thing apart trying to dry out the circuitry, all to no avail. With tears welling up in my eyes I walked the K/B out to the trash can and gave it a final good bye as it hit the can. Then I saddly got into the car a drove to the local BestBuy and purchased a new Logitech combo. I got the XL700 set and Oh am I happy again. Even though my old friend has bit the dust my new friend is everything the old set was and more. Yes I could have bought the same set cheaper online but I needed a K/B and didnt want to wait. I also could have gotten a MS combo but I'm partial to logitech and will stay a loyal user of thier products. But thats not all. Buying the new combo woke my upgrade bug up and today I just hit the purchase button on a new MB/CPU combo. I'm making the jump to A64 finally. I didnt go for the PCI-E model even though I know I should have its just that I cant afford to buy a new GPU just yet and my 9800 pro is getting the job done nicely. I spent the majority on the CPU so when I do go PCI-E it wont be too much of a loss.

Just thought I would share.

Cool, yeah I got that sem combo the lx700 from amazon new for like 70 bucks shipped. Its a great mouse. Also I may even get back 20 bucks in a reabte so if so its a killer deal. Any way your right logitech does own.

Back