• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

General quarters. General quarters. All hands man battle stations! Full speed ahead!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Seven

General quarters. General quarters. All hands man battle stations! Full speed ahead!

O/C Folders,

The last time I spoke in this manner, it was a tremendously successful 5+ page thread of Team 32 renewal, a thread I will hope to outdo with this one.

At present, Team 32 is in a mixed state. Folders are coming and going, and power is shifting around very rapidly. WW4 has concluded, and with it most of the power has either dissolved back into the team, or dissipeared completely as most of mine did. We are barely outproducing [H] and OCAU on a daily basis, and some days we fall behind, by a LOT. By EOC, [H] gains about 30k points per day on us...that's a LOT. I've talked about the gap before, and will continue to talk about it until it dissipears...we have a lot to gain back.

15 MILLION POINTS

So my question to you is, do you think you can do it? 32 will not take first until we can make up those 15 million points within a reasonable amount of time. So can you do it? My question to you is what are you doing for the fold? Have one rig that folds as much as you've got it on? Good, we need more like you. Have a rig that folds only when you're not using it? In case you forgot, F@H doesn't slow down your system, so what are you waiting for? To make the numbers easy, lets say we have 1,000 active users. To instantly make up the margin, we would have to have everybody boost by 15k, but that's not going to happen. What *will* happen is that over time we will pick up new folders and borgs, and eventually our power will increase.

However, what can we do in the meantime?

Let's try to shorten the intercept time up. If our team boosted by a mere 50PPD per user, we could see tremendous improvement. We could hit 400k PPD if everybody boosted that much, or if some people just upped by a little and some upped by a lot.

Let's put some vigor back into Team 32. Let's show the w[H]ored and the little english prison colony (OCAU) what we can do! We have already proved to ourselves and to the world that we can give both of them a run for their money, now it's time to do it. Grab your pen drive, grab your floppy, grab whatever you must and borg a rig. Something, anything, I don't care. I don't care if you borg a Cray or a 486, get something running any version or form of F@H for team 32 you can. I promise you, if everyone puts their best effort into this, someday soon you may wake up to see Team 32 on the top of the EOC Team list. Wedo's 100 Borg Gauntlet has already turned up nice results, but only from a few. It's all about the team effort. We win as a team, we borg as a team, and we fold as a team. We are co-dependent upon each other for success, so let's do this! Let's get some rigs borged and get Team 32 back to their former glory!

Sincerely,

AYE AYE Captian.

I have a rig that has been sitting for a couple of months. Its only a 2500 AXP but it will help. I dont know if that will even = 50 ppd but its what I have for now. I'll also add it to wedo's 100 borge thread. Also I just ordered a new mobo/cpu combo (A64 3200) so I will be adding the 2500 im using now to my farm soon. That will help a bit more. I suppose I should also get out into the garage and see whats left in the parts bins. I might be able to scrap together another gig or two from there. Hell I might even consider making another run at the top 50. I got reall close about a year ago then I had a couple rigs go down and I started dropping like a rock. I kinda lost interest after that. But since I'm here posting it looks like its time to get back into the fold.

I have, myself, full confidence that if all do their duty, if nothing is neglected, and if the best arrangements are made, as they are being made, we shall prove ourselves once again able to defend our Forum home, to ride out the storm of war, and to outlive the menace of tyranny, if necessary for years, if necessary alone.

Even though large tracts of Europe and many old and famous Folders have fallen or may fall into the grip of OCAU and all the odious apparatus of [H]ardOCP rule, we shall not flag or fail.

We shall go on to the end, we shall fold on the Newcastles, we shall fold on the Northwoods and Prescotts, we shall fold with growing confidence and growing strength on Venice, we shall defend our Forum, whatever the cost may be, we shall fold on the Winchesters, we shall fold on the Bartons, we shall fold on the Applebreds and Thunderbirds, we shall fold on the Coppermines; we shall never surrender!

RoadWarrior said:
We shall go on to the end, we shall fold on the Newcastles, we shall fold on the Northwoods and Prescotts, we shall fold with growing confidence and growing strength on Venice, we shall defend our Forum, whatever the cost may be, we shall fold on the Winchesters, we shall fold on the Bartons, we shall fold on the Applebreds and Thunderbirds, we shall fold on the Coppermines; we shall never surrender!
Funny how Churchills speech ends with me hearing Iron Maiden everytime.
I love it!

Last edited:
I have a few 486s around doing nothing. I don't think they would fold very well though, considering my K6 @ 300 takes 2 hours to finish a frame on a Tinker. I will see about getting a Celeron 466 and a K6-2 350 @ 400 folding though.

Got my lappy folding when I'm not on batts, and my main rig has been folding for T32 for years now. As soon as I get my file server built I'll have another comp folding for the cause.

Best use for 486es in folding is using them as routers to share internet to your folding rigs, use smoothwall or freesco or linux router project. All you need in them are 2 NICs and 16Mb RAM, and any old boot device, freesco (FREE ciSCO) is at www.freesco.org . Anything else over 300Mhz should fold timeless tinkers pretty good of you leave it on 24/7 I'm in process of replacing my 486 routers with slot 1 systems so they can fold and route, for about the same power usage. If you've got slow sub 300Mhz rigs you leave on anyway, you can set them to run the genome project, G@H which will contribute a few points that count in the folding scores.

Anyhoo, BORG FOR GREAT JUSTICE!!!!111111

Tismedt said:
Hell I might even consider making another run at the top 50. I got reall close about a year ago then I had a couple rigs go down and I started dropping like a rock. I kinda lost interest after that. But since I'm here posting it looks like its time to get back into the fold.

Go for it!

Everything I own (except for 3 Pentium's I) is running 24/7. If it can be overclocked it's overclocked.

I've been praying for someone to show up with the mother of all BORGS. I can pray all I want. The only way to make up the gap is to spread the word. Wish we could get more support from the website.

I'm looking on ebay for a cheap P4. That will add another 2 Ghz and put my farm up to 18Ghz.

I'm looking forward to another World War, at least after we crush the cold, tasteless egg roll!!! And I have to say I like this military theme.

Now that's the spirit!

57 people viewing the F@H forum...not bad at all.

I think this new competition between people going for a top 50 spot has really boosted up production on the team...so lets gear up and let em have it!

RoadWarrior said:
Anyhoo, BORG FOR GREAT JUSTICE!!!!111111

LOL. I can hear Mr. Catz saying:

How are You Gentleman? You are on the way to Folding. You need more Borgs, Make some more.

What You Say?

All your Borg, Are belong to Us

well, i added my 800mhz p3 shuttle mv19 to you, team32.. that is a huge power back then in 2000's.. :D

i will find some more borgs later..

I borged a 2ghz Celeron about a week ago. I'll also have a dual AXP-M setup going in a couple of weeks. Hoping for 2.5GHz apiece, maybe more. XP-M 2600+ IQYHA 04xxMPMW :D

My folding has been rather slow lately unfortunately. The laptop likes to randomly turn off after a couple hours of full speed folding. The fact that the keyboard, power switch and any PCMCIA cards are hot to the touch may be the problem.

I have my sig rig folding again under 'Oakleys", have another dually xeon system coming in a week or 2 if all parts show up.

Will find more rigs as I can =D

There we go.

An interesting history tidbit for roadwarrior: Back in the classical age, naval battles used to take place like a game of bumper cars on water gone wrong. Pretty much ram the other boats until they sunk. Then, I believe the romans invented the corvus, which pretty much enabled them to do what they do best. When another boat comes by, they drop the corvus, a big *** bridge, across to the other boat, and then a bunch of soldiers march across and kill the people on the boat, then get back on their boat. Pretty badass.

ANYWAY...

I'm about 59th right now, going to be bumped by Helsyeah back to 60th within a few days...maintaining 1,800 PPD or so. If I can get some cash flow going, then maybe I'll be able to build a sizeable farm, but not until that point. Until then, I will keep on chugging along, hopefully I'll overtake I.M.O.G. (BorgIncarnate) within a few days...my competition is pretty elusive.

Back