• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Highest fsb on a i8600?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

enduro

Well against my previous statements I've started overclocking my Dell i8600. I have AS5 on the cpu and the temps are around 60°C full load depending on how fast the fan is running. It could be cooler if the stupid thing would run faster lol. The only thing is that it doesn't have a pci lock and so I'm not sure what my max fsb/pci speed should be. I'm running a 120 fsb right now at 1.34V so it's running at 1.93 Ghz from the stock 1.6. Priming as we speak, it had run for about 45 min before I left for work so I'll be back to it in a few hours.

Is there any danger to my laptop running a higher agp/pci frequency? I can't run a higher vcore so I'm stuck at stock and the multiplier is locked above 16x so I'm stuck there too :eh?: the fsb is the only way to go. Also, is there a good program to use other than prime to test for pci/agp errors.

superpi.jpg

If you're wondering about why it says 733 Mhz it's because of the speedstep. As soon as I'm not using the cpu it drops down to a super low multiplier. With a 16x and 120 fsb though you can do the math ;) 1930 Mhz.

well I tried pushing for 120 but it wouldn't pass prime so I guess 1.93 Ghz is the highest I should go. I also noticed that my sound drivers and chipset drivers "disappeared" until I restart :shrug: who knows. That's about all the overclocking I'm going to be doing though. I don't want to kill my laptop and without a pci lock I'm not going to be getting anywhere.

Back