• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ram Identification Utilities

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HomerPepsi

Registered
Hi there, I was wondering if any of you guys know of any ram identification utilities. A while back (spring/summer of 2003) our ram was fried due to a lightning storm powerout. My dad went and bought a 512mb stick in replacement and since then the computer was given to me and i have taken parts from it and built a new computer (parts: 1 stick of 512mb ram and a 20 gig harddrive, all other parts are new, and i know what they are).
Any help would be appreciated (and before you ask, i've looked at the stick itself and cannot identify it).

Thanks
-Aaron

Last edited:
Well other than checking the chips like you said you have only voltages and settings will tell you. Try setting them at 2,2,2,5 at 200 FSB and see if it boots. If it does then try and raise the FSB up and see how high whe wll go. You might get lucky and have some BH-5 but I doubt it.

CPU-Z might help some but I don't thik it will tell you what you need to know. Here is a link to the CPU-Z site, also if possible post a closeup pic of the chips, we might be able to tell you what they are.

Linky

well i gotta ask .. lol

there is nothing at all on the chips itself ? there has to be numbers or something on there ..

There was a number on the chip itself, so i did some looking around on it and found out it was the model number of Jetram pc2100 ddr266. Thanks guys for your help.

-Aaron

Back